Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suggested songs

Solved!

Suggested songs

Hello

Im using spotify on my android phone and would like to know if there is any way of disabling these annoying suggested songs. I actually want the ability to choose the music I listen to and that is not possible when it keeps suggesting music i dont want to listen to. The problem is that it suggest 5-7 songs in a row and I always run out of skips before. So Spotify is dictating what i should listen to.

This morning I put on one song I wanted to listen to, but after ½ an hour I still hadnt had to oppotunity to listen to the song and was so close to uninstalling Spotify.

283 Replies

Such anger. Over what? Typical entitled kid. Bit torrents everything, pays for nothing. Expects the world. Did I trigger?

All we want is our music, not to be forced to listen to something we hate. An great example of something we should be entitled to is the Windows version of Spotify: free, still with ads, but at least you are entitled to listen you your songs.

Just a company that lied about its product.This is nothing new. You do work for Spotify,you just didn't realize they were paying you with a word title, rather than, a legit paycheck. Now you realize. It should hit hard. All I know is that anger and denial are part of your steps on your next flight up; unless you would like to go back down.

Try Napster

This is what happened to me. I don't mind listening to the songs on shuffle as long as it's the songs I want. And i have a play list of over 150 songs. I use to be able to listen to the entire thing repeatedly while never getting a suggested song now I can't listen to 3 songs without getting tons of them.

Agreed. This issue is extremely frustrating, although it's an intentional feature the conpany has put in there. Honestly, use the Windows version.

Shiploader, what do you even mean by the 'flight of stairs' metaphor?

Good to know. I guess I'll just delete Spotify on my phone and stick to YouTube. I'm not paying for a service that thinks that hijacking my phone is the best way to get me to pay for a service.

Used to be on premium, but had to cut some things for finances.

Try to shuffle play a children's 22 song playlist.
I found the whole "suggest songs" new and surprising. At first it made sense. I could see times where I might actually want to have songs suggested to me.

But this was not one of those times. My toddler just wants to listen to "Old Mcdonald had a farm", "Ring around the Rosie", or really any of the 20 other songs on the playlist.

So I figure that I can skip this song and go back to the playlist. But it goes to another pop song. "Am I even still on the playlist?" I wonder. Seems like it, It doesnt even let me try to restart the playlist.

I am speechless when I skip again and a third song comes on. Clearly these songs are not suggested from what I listen too. Surely, if they try to recommend so many songs, I can skip them with no penalties right?

Get unskippable "It's Britney B*tch".
Do you see why I was forced to turn it off? The experience is bad enough where, as much as I enjoyed the premium version of Spotify, I will be exploring alternative "free"/radio music.

I'm so sorry. That's just awful. I'm a parent as well. When we have Art Time and listen to classical it's pretty awful to be interrupted by the same pop **bleep** we are actively avoiding on the radio.

There's got to be some change here. We don't need these "hand-picked suggested somgs" because clearly it's just automated trash that has no relevance whatsoever to the actual playlist. If the suggested songs were actually "hand-picked" and not just random pop stuff, then maybe I wouldn't mind. I like knowing new songs. But these songs aren't even close to my taste, which is clearly expressed through the playlist I created. I'm really sick of these annoying pop-ups that interrupt your playlist.

This is in correct i have well over 100 tracks in my main playlist and yet i constently get suggested songs, why is this not a feature you can turn on/off i feel forced in to gettin premium as it is. Been listening to spotify forever but mainly on pc and this is the first complaint i hope it can be fixed sooner rather than later

OK, that makes sense. Came to the forum for the same problem. Saw the first answer, and went "Nope. I've got 31 songs in the list." But they're all by the same artist, so that's probably the problem.

Ahh makes sence i guess i have like 2 maybe 3 artists in the list. But yeah that totally makes sence tnx will put mor artist in and see if it works tomorrow. Still a lil poopy if it is the problem, most times im in the mood for a certain artist but if it works and i dont have to tottally random bands etc.. ill live with it

I have a playlist of about 20 songs and all of them are from different artists. I still get annoying and irrelevant suggested songs. Really confused; is there anything that you can do to avoid this situation?

Yeah, I'm trying to do work while listening to the Portal 2 soundtrack because I know it has very few lyrics for me to sing along to instead of working. Instead I get a whole bunch of parody songs and nerd rock.

I would pay but if the free version is useless (when I'm not working I like to listen to a tiny section of my massive playlist over and over, because that seems like a useful feature) why would I ever consider paying to remove the ads?

I'm having this problem on a 20 song and a 53 song playlist

Mine seems to have fixed it self not made any changes since writing my coment and not had any suggested songs since????

Maybe they're figuring out that people aren't using the app anymore because of it.

What kills me is this is basically unregulated Pay to Play, a practice banned on radio because otherwise only major labels would have access to airwaves. Same thing here. Independent artists won't be able to afford to get on the Suggested Song lost, only artists already well monies and backed. I know this is an extreme comparison but it is completely reminiscent of the deregulation of radio in the mid 90's. Radio used to be hugely varied from city to city and now it's so homogenized that you can listen to one Clear Channel station from coast to coast. The variety of music has suffered greatly as well as the financial wellness of independent and new musicians everywhere.

This Suggested Song thing only encourages the rich and overplayed to pay to get richer and more ubiquitous.

Suggested posts