Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switched phones now App won't see my Sonos

Solved!

Switched phones now App won't see my Sonos

I just got a new android phone and downloaded the App on it. Now the only Sonos speaker it sees is the one in my neighbours upstairs apartment instead of the 3 here in my place.  What should I do?

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

One+ 6

Operating System

Android Oreo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Ace_music! Welcome to the Spotify Community! 😉

Thar doesn't sound cool.

In this case, can you double check that you’ve enabled "Control Sonos from Spotify" in the Sonos app settings? Also, make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.

Let me know if that helps! 🙂

Peace

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi @Nico

It looks like disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi did the trick. Once I did that the speakers showed up. Her speaker is still there, though. Which makes me wonder if she has her speaker on our wifi somehow? Not that it should make a whole lot of difference...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Ace_music! Welcome to the Spotify Community! 😉

Thar doesn't sound cool.

In this case, can you double check that you’ve enabled "Control Sonos from Spotify" in the Sonos app settings? Also, make sure both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.

Let me know if that helps! 🙂

Peace

Marked as solution

Hi @Nico

It looks like disconnecting and reconnecting to the wifi did the trick. Once I did that the speakers showed up. Her speaker is still there, though. Which makes me wonder if she has her speaker on our wifi somehow? Not that it should make a whole lot of difference...

Suggested posts