Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync with local PC Files doesnt work correct

Sync with local PC Files doesnt work correct

Hey,

i am looking to download music with my smartphone which is located on my local PC but only a small amout of songs gets synced..  0-3 tracks out of aroud 15 of each from 8 full albums (most are bought as mp3 from Amazon).

the sync worked fine some weeks ago, but some days ago the Kollegah album JBG2 got removed from Spotify so i wanted to sync it from PC to my smartphone but not a Single Track gets synced.

mostly it says "waiting for download"

PC is connected via LAN, smartphone via WiFi, same network.

smartphone is a Nexus 4 - 32 GB original rom

spotify app is up to date, tryed relogging, deletig cache, reinstallation, restarting device.

Spotify Premium

4 Replies

Hiya, "waiting for download" suggests that your desktop client isn't seeing the Nexus and I guess the mobile doesn't show under "devices".

Assuming you're following the instructions here, can you also try the following:

• Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus and other security programmes on your PC
  • Check that UPnP is enabled in your router settings
  • Restart the router and the nexus

Hopefully the nexus will now appear under "devices" and you will be able to synch local files.

as said in my first post i am able to sync some tracks from my local albums..

for example..

0 Tracks out of 20 Kollegah JBG2 (none on Spotify since around a Week)

0 Tracks out of 15 Kollegah JBG1 (none on Spotify)

4 Tracks out of 17 Farid Bang Banger leben kürzer (8 Tracks are on Spotify, but i want the whole Album)

4 Tracks out of 16 RAF Camora Therapie vor dem Tod (none on Spotify)

this one for Testing:

10 Tracks out of 20 RAF Camora Therapie vor dem Album (all 20 Tracks on Spotify)

my device and also my friends doesnt show up in the desktop client but the sync of some tracks works so i think thats not the problem.

You asked for advice and I was trying to help but if you don't want to follow my suggestions, that's perfectly OK. If you prefer, you can get in touch with Spotify support here.

i wanted to say that the device should be connected correct with my last post.

your tips didnt worked but because of these tips i was able to find out where the problem is..

forgot that i am using 2 different routers, well the Nexus seems to be connected to the other router even when the other one was also alot closer. so i have connected both to exactly the same router and now it works correct.

thanks.

can be closed

Suggested posts