Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Synced Files Won't Play On Galaxy S3

Synced Files Won't Play On Galaxy S3

Local files from my pc that I sync onto my S3 won't play. Well it will play but only for a few seconds then skip on to the next track. While it's doing this I would notice that the playtime would show some crazy number like -7593:5 out of 3:25 seconds played on the track. Have been searching around but haven't found any real solution to this problem.

Also, I have my S3 rooted and using liquidsmooth rom under T-Mobile.

3 Replies

@MikeSuma wrote:

Local files from my pc that I sync onto my S3 won't play. Well it will play but only for a few seconds then skip on to the next track. While it's doing this I would notice that the playtime would show some crazy number like -7593:5 out of 3:25 seconds played on the track. Have been searching around but haven't found any real solution to this problem.

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify community!

I believe this is a bug, quite a few other users have posted about the same thing recently.

To be honest I doubt that the fact the phone is rooted will affect anything, apart from it may be causing the strange time to be displaying on the song.

Feel free to submit a support ticket using the contact form here:https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

@AnthonyB wrote:

@MikeSuma wrote:

Hi, and welcome to the Spotify community!

I believe this is a bug, quite a few other users have posted about the same thing recently.

To be honest I doubt that the fact the phone is rooted will affect anything, apart from it may be causing the strange time to be displaying on the song.

Feel free to submit a support ticket using the contact form here:https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Anthony 🙂

The fact that the device is rooted won't cause anything, except that fact that Spotify won't officially debug it!

To the OP: What format are the local tracks in? Have you tried re-syncing?

I'm having this exact same issue with the same phone, only exception is that I'm not rooted and I'm on Verizon.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app, but to no luck. My device is randomly not showing up on my PC anymore, either. 

Suggested posts