Synchronization error

Im getting the following error when i start Spotify on my HTC one X:

(ill translate it from dutch)

Synchoniaztion error

==============================

Unknown error

----------------------------------------------------

Continue

I can continue but it will not sync the playlists from my PC to my HTC phone.

It works fine from my PC to my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

35 Replies

+1

Unknown error

Android 4.0.4.

Samsung Galaxy Note

I'm happy to post an update to my bug description.  Seems okay now.

Solution description : I have disabled wifi, switched to 3g, and enabled 2G/3G downloading in Spotify app.  I was then able to download a playlist.  Switched to wifi again, disabled 2G/3G downloading, and am still able to download playlists ! 

Also sync with Windows desktop app is working fine.  

I'm glad it's working now, but still pissed for having lost a couple of hours on this stupid bug.  I've tried several reinstalls, reboots, reformat SD Card, Titanium backup change Device ID etc etc.

When i disable my WIFI i can download/synchronize but as soon as i enable wifi i get the error

C'mon spotify, at least acknowledge this problem 😕

Thats what bothers me the most. I pay 10 euro every month but not a single reaction from Spotify.....

I contacted them on twitter and they responded. My problem got solved before then though, my router disconnected all wireless devices (like it's been doing randomly for about a week now) and my phone started syncing via 3g. I had tried disabling the wifi and using 3g before, no dice, so I'm assuming it was a problem on their end. 

My smartphone has lain with the included wifi 3.5 hours. Only then start copying. Now everything is working. But the problem exists and it is not clear.

Update : after applying my solution yesterday (= momentary switch to 3G and back, see post above), the error returned today.  

I tried the same trick and it didn't work at first : could not download over wifi nor 3G.  Only after a few minutes it suddenly worked over wifi again.  I see no logic...

beeguy123

I'm sure the developers and logic of this problem do not know.

My syncing / offline playing problem appears to be solved.  The helpdesk has "reset my offline device list" after which I haven't seen errors anymore.

This was after 10 emails with 6 different helpdesk persons.  Kudos to them ; they looked into many different possible causes and eventually found it.  (It was solved in 6 days in the holiday period, which I find fair.  They were working in the weekend and on Jan 1 !)

Still the same F*n problem. Cant even find a way to contact the helpdesk on this horrible website....

@Mescalino wrote:

Still the same F*n problem. Cant even find a way to contact the helpdesk on this horrible website....

Hey! 

You can get in touch with the Spotify team directly using the online contact form if you like.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem on my samsung galaxy s3, its really irritating especially since i pay for this program and it isnt even working corretly half the time!

@Paschally wrote:

I have the same problem on my samsung galaxy s3, its really irritating especially since i pay for this program and it isnt even working corretly half the time!

Since someone above posted that having their offline devices fully reset cured this issue, if you want to give that a go just drop a reply into this topic asking for it to be done and a member of the community team will be able to do that for you. You will need to resync any offline content you have stored though!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts