Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing/Downloading One Song at a Time? (Premium)

Solved!

Syncing/Downloading One Song at a Time? (Premium)

I purchased Spotify Premium just yesterday, so the whole concept of things is new to me, so I apologise if I sound too much like a newbie with this problem. Basically, I have synced all of my songs to my Android device on the Spotify App, with over 400 songs now downloaded to my phone so I can use it in offline mode (which is great!). However, I came on my PC today to add one additional song to my playlist, and after adding it, my Android device has to download EVERY single song again... which takes ages, and I only wanted it to sync that one additional song I'd added, as I already downloaded the rest of the playlist yesterday.

Is there any way it can just sync the additional songs I've added to my playlist, rather than all 400+ of them being downloaded every time?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

MY MISTAKE!

I had been doing it all wrong, and now I feel stupid 😛

Basically I thought that when you added a new song to your playlist on PC, that you had to click the button on your Android phone which says 'Download Playlist'. However, Spotify does in fact add song automatically and there's no need to click any download button. So, in effect I was telling it to re-download the entire playlist each time thinking that by clicking that button it would instead just download any newly added songs. The playlist is already set to 'offline mode', so it does it all for me, which is great.

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate the reply 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community! 🙂 

That is very strange, to my knowledge it should only sync that one track which is missing. Does it actually redownload all of the tracks or does it just say it is but they download really quickly? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

MY MISTAKE!

I had been doing it all wrong, and now I feel stupid 😛

Basically I thought that when you added a new song to your playlist on PC, that you had to click the button on your Android phone which says 'Download Playlist'. However, Spotify does in fact add song automatically and there's no need to click any download button. So, in effect I was telling it to re-download the entire playlist each time thinking that by clicking that button it would instead just download any newly added songs. The playlist is already set to 'offline mode', so it does it all for me, which is great.

Thanks for your help though, I appreciate the reply 🙂

Don't worry, everyone needs time to get used to the new technology 🙂

Liam

Suggested posts