Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing and downloading problem

Syncing and downloading problem

Hi, i tried every kind of  troubleshooting but it still won't work. I had an external  16 gb memory and i had music on it.... Like 1 week ago, i bought a new memory, 64 GB , for put more playlist on that. During the first Syncing my device had  (when i had like 58 gb free) no more free space into the device, the problem is that he delete ALL the song that i've alrdy downloaded. Followed a lot of guide on this forum, doing memory wipe, reinstall, and so on BUT i still have this problem. 
my device is a Samsung Galaxy Core.  With 64 (as i said) GB external Sd memory.
I pay for a premium account, and after 1 week of downloading and unistalling thing i'm a little pissed off.
Any help is welcome
have a nice day.

12 Replies

If you get an error message when trying to sync music, could you please post a screen capture?

What android version are you using on your phone (settings/device/about)?

the error is like that, but new version ( tomorrow i'll take a screenshot when i'll try to download again everything). 
android 4.2.2

Samsung galaxy core plus 

Model: SM-G350

Screenshot_2014-01-27-16-23-37.png

Thanks. The oroblem I think is that the installation of the recent version of spotify uses a new cache (that's why you had to redownload your offline music) but it didn't remove the old data folders which can cause problems. Can you try the following steps to see if it fixes this for you:

• Uninstall spotify
  • Reformat the external SD card using the phone utility
  • Use the file explorer and look in the internal storage (SD card 0) for the folder \Android\data\
  • In that folder you may see a folder called com.spotify.music and another called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui - delete both of them, if they exist
  • Redownload spotify and see if it now works for you

I tried this step like 5 time in this week, yesterday evening i said "ok let's completely wipe my phone maybe it will work." i was wrong so rly don't know what to do.

How much available space is shown in sndroid settings under:

Device memory

Internal SD card

Externl SD card

Internal sd card: 1,4 gb free space /4 gb total
External 62,50 gb free space /62,50 gb total

Will it work if you remove the external SD card ad reinstall then download without reinserting the SD card?

I'll try! right now i tried again with the troubleshooting you wrote, and i'm downloading some music hope that it will work this time! Thanks for the help BTW 😄

No worries - et me know how it goes 🙂

it won't work, still same problem.... rly pissed off this time 😕 I pay for this service and still NO SUPPORT showed up  😕

I have still 58 gb free on the external sd Card but for spotify it's full, that's what i see in the Spotify PC launcher 

Spotify problem.jpg

If neither of the suggestions work -  reinstalling with and without the SD card then I'm out of ideas. You can get in touch with Spotify support directly here

If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Suggested posts