Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tablet mode not enabled on Nexus 7

Tablet mode not enabled on Nexus 7

Hi,

I installed the Spotify app on my Nexus 7 2012, but the new free "tablet mode" is not available.

I only get "shuffle mode" like on smartphones.

I suspect it's because of Google's decision to not enable full tablet UI on Nexus 7.

But N7 is a tablet! Please let the app act with tablet UI on it!

Thanks!

27 Replies

It seems that the Xposed framework is my next step...

Thank you

JP

Just for @Daniel (and in the interests of science) I created a new free account on my Nexus 7 (2012) and can confirm it was recognised as a tablet.

Looking at the OP, I wonder if he was confused by the prominent "shuffle play" button and I wonder if he actually tried playing a specific track.

By the way, ads suck - get premium everyone.

Thank you very much.

I will try it in my mum's Vexia. Because it is possible that I got the same confusion, when seeing the button shuffle play. She only want to hear Pavaroti's songs 🙂

About the ads. Well, you are right. But I don't know is my mother will exploit the premium mode.

Thanks again

JP

Thanks for confirming @jwylot, we haven't heard from the OP in a couple of months, so I'm guessing this instance has been resolved.

I don't know how the app checks whether the device is a tablet or not, but if it's checking the device name in the build.prop then it may just be a case that they've updated the lookup table within the app. But with each update they appear to be improving, so fingers-crossed we'll see most 7" tablets fully supported with the functionality expected.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you very much for your help

JP

Well. It seems that the Vexia is not a table- I tried to choose a Spotify song. And I only can get to shuffle play a list. In my ipad works Ok, choosing a song. Well, I will try the Xposed.

Thanks

JP

I have a Le Pan TC 970 9.7" Tablet, and I am also only able to shuffle with the app.  This is very frustrating, but I will contact Support as instructed since it's all I can do thus far.

Suggested posts