Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Android Forum Deserves More Attention!

The Android Forum Deserves More Attention!

The top 10 kudoed posts in the Help Forums here in the Spotify Community in the last month, as of 2012-03-28, are as follows...

TopKudoedPosts.png

As you can see, 5 of the top 10 kudoed posts come from the Android forum.

Whichever way you care to interpret the meaning of "top kudoed" in the Help Forums...

• Most popular
  • Most active
  • Most interest
  • In need of most help
  • Most problems
  • Most engaged users

...I think you must agree that this all points to the conclusion that the Android forum deserves more attention than it is currently getting.

Here are the first 20 posts in the Android Forum right now (2012-03-28 01:00)...

First20Android.png

See if you can spot the interaction by Spotify staff here (here's a clue, Spotify Support Reps'. names are in light blue and Spotify Developer's names are in green). As you can see there is a "sticky" that was authored by Richard, and then only one other interaction from David, replying to a post that looks like it should have really been posted in the Accounts and Subscriptions Forum anyway.

Closer inspection shows that out of a total of 240 posts in the entire history of the Android Forum, there has only been 22 replies from Spotify staff. Not such a good record, I think you'll agree.

Please Spotify, give the Android forum the attention it deserves! As you can see from the stats. Android users are more active in the help forums than anyone else and yet appear to get almost no attention. I don't understand the reason for this, but I hope it's something you will soon rectify.

2 Replies

Couldn't agree more.

For the first time since the forum was launched, the number of posts in the Android forum exceeded the number of posts in the iOS forum a couple of days ago.

Spotify may have originally concentrated on iOS devices as they were more popular and so perhaps deserved a little more attention, but the increased growth in the number of posts in the Android forum shown that this is no longer the case and unless Spotify want to alienate well over half their audience they need to show Android a lot more love than it's currently getting.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

A lot of use Android, but I do use both.

Suggested posts