Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Anroid app has WAY TOO MANY bugs. I'm done

The Anroid app has WAY TOO MANY bugs. I'm done

I have a Samsung Note 8 and honestly, the Spotify Android app has been bugging so many times this month that I am contemplating switching to Apple Music or Google Play music because I can't take this **bleep** anymore.

Here are a list of bugs that occur everyday:

1. The song that I am playing on the app would not show up on the notification bar.

2. You could play a song on Spotify and it wouldn't even show up in the "Now playing" bar on the app itself.

3. Shows "You are offline" when I am not. I have to restart the app to fix it every time.

4. Music stops randomly out of nowhere.

I looked through some other forums on the internet and read the reviews on Google Play and seems like a lot of other people are having the same issues as well.

This is unacceptable for a service that I am paying $15/mo for. (I have the family plan).

And DO NOT tell me to "Uninstall the app, clear your cache, yadayadaya" I have done all of that multiple times already and it didn't fix anything.

I uninstalled the latest Spotify app and installed an older apk for now and it seems to have fixed some bugs. 

Please Spotify, for the love of god, FIX YOUR **bleep** BUGS or you will lose a lose of subscribers including me.

10 Replies

I have the same issue!!!!!!!!!! All of them!!!!!!!

Since we are at it, let's add to the list 🙂

1. App will continue to play after headphone jack is unplugged or when you connect to a call thru Bluetooth. Happens Alot in car.

2. When searching for a song and you click it, it'll play a random song. In order to select the song you searched for you need to go to the artist album page and then select the song. 

3. App will randomly close 

4. Playlists won't continue loading after last song displayed is done playing. It won't update the Playlist 

5. Daily mix Playlists are all identical if genre is close enough to match each other. 

6. Sometimes the song won't display correctly on car head unit. (this can be car problem) but we'll add it for discussion 

7.....anything else? This just top of my head 

I also have a Samsung Note 8 and have all of the problems you listed. Spotify used to run so good on my phone. wth happened?

I'm constantly having to restart my phone just to get Spotify to work correctly.

I'm no sure what happened. What I did was search for a Spotify apk from a previous version. Say March or April? It's running ok for now. Tired of messing with it. 

I also get the "you are offline" issue a ton. Shuffle seems to be absolutely horrible, as many other people have said. I've also had an issue recently where songs I've already downloaded are now trying to download again. The playlist is telling me to turn on download on cellular data to download the song, but I am both connected to the wifi and already have download on cellular enabled.

Screenshot_20180925-131824.png

Samsung S9+ here and all the bugs you guys mentioned happens to me as well.

I'm done with Spotify.

Just signed up for Youtube Music Premium. 

I have all of these issues and so does everyone I know that uses Spotify on Android. The internet is full of people going crazy about this absolute raft of bugs.

I really don't understand why Spotify aren't spending billions trying to get this issue fixed. Have they even aknowledged that they exist?

I have a Samsung S8 with the latest Android 8.0.0 and built R16NW.G950FXXU3CRGH.

I have the last Spotify version 8.4.70.666 armV7.

Like you guys I also have random music stops, unresponsive widget, controls on notification bar that randomly disapears, when I press the play button on the app from the Your Library tab the status of the button does not changed.

I contacted Spotify twice last week about this. I clean cache, re install and factory formated the phone because Spotify customer service said that it was a problem with my phone and there was no ongoing issue... 

Could you please share where you found that old version?

I have been looking for a bug free version as well.

Thank you

apkmirror

Suggested posts