Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Song currently playing isn't shown anymore

The Song currently playing isn't shown anymore

When I click on a song, it starts playing, but the display doesn't show it. I can only see my lists and go through my profile, but there's no information on the current song. So I can't even pause or go to the next one. I have to restart my phone, but then it happens again after a few songs.
3 Replies

Have had the same problem for almost a week. In addition, the sound disappears a couple of times in each song. Have reinstalled the app, but both problems are still there.

I have this issue for a couple of weeks. It is not only not displaying the information in my car, it is also pausing the music for 1-2 seconds.

I cannot control the spotify app through my car anymore, I could skip a song.

Also the UI on the spotify app changed, where I also can't control in skipping the song.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 G5 running on Android 12.

I tried to unpair the devices (both car and my phone).

I reinstalled the spotify app.

Reset my car audio.

Disabled SmartThings app

Disabled Android Auto app

Sometimes it is working as it should, then I can control the music again and the UI on spotify I can control the music again too.

Hey folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for sharing that info.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far, but to be sure that we're on the same page - did you use these steps for a clean reinstall? They are more thorough than a regular one. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If the issue persists, would you mind checking if it happens on a different device as well? This will give us a better look at the issue.

Also, this issue with the car stereo mentioned by @Upbeat22 may depend on the brand since there was a recent deprecation. We'd recommend taking a look at the floating answer of this thread to check if it's similar to your case. If not, let us know to keep helping you further.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts