Step 1

NEXT STEP

The app removes all songs independently

The app removes all songs independently

Plan Premium

Country Germany

Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X / 5

Operating System Android 9 Pie

Hello everybody.  I have the same problem for a long time: Spotify decides to remove all songs himself.  This happens as follows: Android regularly checks the file system of the SD card.  To check it, the filesystem becomes unmounted (since Android is Linux).  At this moment in the background working Spotify service "decides" that the card has become compromised and removes all files when the card is mounted again.  For example, Google Music does not have this problem as well as the other apps.  This story with the "compromising" I find very funny, because the files without Spotify app can not be decoded, so unreadable and useless.  My brother and one of my friends have the same problem as well.  This is independent of whether Android 8 or 9 is used.  The question itself: can we avoid something like that?  Because we really do not feel like downloading the whole media library almost every day.

1 Reply

Hey @avgerdt,

Thanks for notifying us about this and giving us the needed info.

Please follow these steps: 

1. Disconnect your devices for offline listening.
  2. Do a clean reinstall (step 4 is very important).
  3. After that try downloading the songs and saving them in your internal memory to see if issue persists. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts