Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The max volume of Spotify on Android is very quiet.

The max volume of Spotify on Android is very quiet.

As I said above, the max volume of Spotify is about half of my PowerAmp volume. I have turned off all volume settings in Poweramp and I still hear my music better. It's there any way to increase the max volume of Spotify? I can barely hear my music while walking on the street.
53 Replies

Same with Xiaomi mi max and 7.2 version 😕 but low on headphones 😕

I'm having this problem with spotify in my car. It seems to be around half of the volume that Amazon Music and SoundCloud play. Really irritating.

Same problem. Got a Nvidia Shield Tablet with Lollipop 6.0.1. Not a probs on Iphone. Previously have had problem with volume jumping from full volume in beginning to almost nothing, but now its just simply low 24/7. Nothing helps. Equalizer on lowers volime further. And no other way to bring it up.

It got even worse after the last update. When the EQ is on, I can't increase the volume all the way up to 100%. It stops at 75% or so and it doesn't get louuder, although the volume slider on the phone goes up. I reinstalled the app and turned the EQ off and on again but it doesn't make a difference. It's nearly impossible to enjoy my music now when I am in the subway. Fix this or I am going to cancel my subscription!

I have Spotify premium on my galaxy S6 and the max volume is so quiet there's no point paying for the service! I listen to the same song through the media player app on the phone and it is twice as loud as Spotify! This occurs through headphones or AUX, in car or through speakers. For an app designed for music this is disgraceful! (I have tried adjusting volume controls both on the phone and through the app.. the problem is solely using Spotify! Absolutely fed up with it as money spent on speakers both in car, and headphones is wasted!

Same problem Samsung Galaxy s8+ audio on headphones is very low compared to basic player or youtube pls fix this asap

I think I just uninstalled and reinstalled it and it fixed the issue.

I tried but max volume is still 40% lower vs youtube or Samsung basic music player

I have the exact same issue. When playing spotify over bluetooth in my car, the volume is about  75% of what all my other music apps are (amazon, pocketcast, play music)

I have a nexus 6p and pioneer DEH-9600BHS head unit. Stock OS. EQ off. I also tried maxing out the eq to increase the gain.

Never posted in here but have been following this thread for a couple years now. With every Android update it gets quieter and quieter and there seems to be no fix. I just paid for a Google play music subscription. Spotify just lost a customer.

Nexus 6P on 7.1.2.

You're not wrong. It got better for a little bit but it's been getting worse recently. The deck in my car maxes out at 60. I have to have it on 55 to hear the music with my windows open and then when a local song comes on it's so loud it darn near blows my head off.

I've been with Spotify for quite some time but have started looking for alternatives. I'm tired of dealing with this.

I seemed to find something that kinda worked. When Bluetooth was connected I saw am option for "Devices Available" and I clicked it and the device you selected is there. At the bottom there was a volume bar which wasn't maxed out when the phones volume was. I put it up and it seemed to bring it up. I still feel it's at 80% tho..

Hi guys, having the same issue with Spotify and Moto Nexus 6, all other apps are playing music at about 50% louder, tried with same offline files, eq is off in Spotify app and also a power user here. So if anybody can help I'd appreciate it! Thanks

Try to turn off the Normalize volume option

Suggested posts