Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The music quality on my spotify app is worse than that on spotify lite app.

Solved!

The music quality on my spotify app is worse than that on spotify lite app.

I've been using spotify premium for 3 months now but i recently noticed that my youtube music had considerably better sound quality even when the streaming quality was set to the highest possible on both apps. So to check what was going on I downloaded the spotify lite app and even that had better quality than my spotify music app. I tried clearing the cache and that didn't work. Then i uninstalled and installed the spotify app and i didn't have much luck with that either. I'm a premium subscriber and i don't know why the sound quality is still so bad even when it's set to very high on both mobile data and wifi and I've disabled all the data saver options. Please help me out.

Plan

Premium

Country

India 

Device

(Poco X3) 

Operating System

(Android 11)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I tried to change the normalization settings even when they were already on normal but that didn't have an effect and in the end I turned off normalization all together and that seemed to fix the problem. Thank you

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey there @airbender

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try to clear your device's cache and then restart the app to check if that makes the difference. 

If it doesn't, we'd recommend making sure that you've followed these steps to change your audio quality settings. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have already tried all the solutions that you have given and I tried them again but the sound quality just does not improve at all. Spotify Lite works like a charm at the highest quality but the regular spotify app at very high still sounds really bad compared to the spotify lite one

Hi @airbender,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Could you confirm which audio output device you are using? Do you notice any change if you use the phone's speaker or a headset? 

This will greatly help us narrow down this issue.

We'll be on the lookout. 

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yes i tried playing it on the phone and then other speakers as well but the quality remains sub par on the regular spotify app while it is great on the spotify lite app. Both apps are set to very high streaming.

Hi @airbender,

Thank you for your swift reply. 

Could you check that your standard app has the same settings as the Lite version? Specially the settings for volume normalization, make sure it's kept on Normal or Quiet. 

Also, it could be helpful if you can access your account with a different mobile device to check if you notice any change with the sound quality.

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Marked as solution

I tried to change the normalization settings even when they were already on normal but that didn't have an effect and in the end I turned off normalization all together and that seemed to fix the problem. Thank you

Hey @airbender, awesome to hear that you were able to resolve this.

You're always welcome back to the Community if you need any help.

If you'd like you can take a peek at our Music section if you'd like to talk with other music lovers about your faves.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

same thing here, I'm listening yellow submarine of Beatles in youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45cYwDMibGo and sounds way better than spotify https://open.spotify.com/track/7zRmGvtSy36Jr19U5OInJT?si=dc95e2c8c4c442ae, despite that I'm using premium plan, I changed streaming quality to high and tried with different equalizer settings without any improvement. A little dissatisfied with spotify quality.

I hate spotify for this bad sound quality

I had the same issue here, and this was my solution.

It had nothing to do with the actual Spotify app. On my laptop while using my bluetooth headphones, I have to "devices" showing: Outlier Pro Stereo and Outlier Pro Hands-Free. When I use my computer audio set to the Hands-Free, the audio is very bad, but when I do stereo it works.

Basically, a Windows issue, that is probably not an "issue," just an annoyance.

Suggested posts