The new update is a confusing mess

Highlighted

Re: The new update is a confusing mess

Roadie

They have been pushing this update slowly since the start of the year at least. I got put on it back in Feburary or March. I and everyone i know and also everyone my partner knows have cencelled their premium and are now using Apple music instead because of this UI change.

Bringing back the old UI seems to be a main thing people want, but since its been about half a year of them still pushing it out to more and more people, i doubt they care or listen.

Just cancel and let the numbers show that we do not want this **bleep** UI.

Highlighted

Roadie

Spotify are creating a disaster off an androi app.

I really dont like this new update and deleted it instantly .. what a mess.

Every update makes it worse.

If this stays i will cancel my premium  ...

Highlighted

I want to +1 this opinion. The new update is the worst I've ever seen and takes away so much from the great library Spotify provides. I can't find anything, don't know how anything is organized, and it's generally impossible to navigate. My Liked playlist is different on my phone and computer and I basically have to use Search to find anything. I'd used to many music services/players before - Amarok, WinAmp, every iTunes, Apple Music, Tidal, SoundCloud, Spotify for many years - but this update is by far the worst UI experience in my 20 years of music listening.

I've never posted on a site before but had to say something about this update. I don't know whose idea it was but I think it was a bad idea, all things considered.

Highlighted

Gig Goer

The only solution I found was rolling back to version 8.4.97.807 (or choose one that had the features you want.)
There's a reddit post that tells you how (but you might have to redownload all your previously downloaded music). Just search reddit for "Way to return to the old design". Spotify won't let me post the reddit URL here.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted

Visitor

Utterly utterly terrible update. I have limited mobile data on my phone and limited reception at work where I do most of my listening. And now even though I've downloaded all the songs I like, I have to download the whole album just to listen to the one or two songs I like - or have to deal with the mess of the new library. Oh and not to mention that going offline doesn't help fof part downloaded albums. Shocking mess. I'm almost certain to cancel my family account and go with someone else now. This is atrocious.

SUGGESTED POSTS