Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Thumbs Up is adding songs to the wrong playlist

Solved!

Thumbs Up is adding songs to the wrong playlist

So I created a new playlist today, and before that was pretty much exclusively using one playlist.  I created a radio station off of the new playlist to find some new stuff to add to it, and now, every time I thumbs up a song on the radio station, it's automatically adding the song to the other playlist (NOT the one I created the radio from).  Is this meant to be a feature and it's just broken, or what's going on?  Any way to disable it?  It's getting obnoxious having to remove songs from the other playlist every time I thumbs up a song.

EDIT: I just thought to test it on the desktop version and it does the same thing, so it's not necessarily an Android issue.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello. As it says here, "Tap the thumbs up or thumbs down icons when a track is playing and the station improves to match your tastes.". Additionally, tapping the thumbs up adds the track to a playlist called "Liked from the radio". If you want a track to be added to a specific playlist then use the context menu to do so, rather than using thumbs up.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello. As it says here, "Tap the thumbs up or thumbs down icons when a track is playing and the station improves to match your tastes.". Additionally, tapping the thumbs up adds the track to a playlist called "Liked from the radio". If you want a track to be added to a specific playlist then use the context menu to do so, rather than using thumbs up.

Thanks for the reply.  This wasn't "exactly" what was happening but it made me realize something I must have done a long time ago when I started using spotify.  The playlist "Liked from the radio" that you mentioned didn't exist for me, and I remembered that I actually just renamed that playlist a long time ago to what I was using it for and kept adding to it with new songs.  So I made a copy of it, deleted the old one, and now spotify auto-created the "Liked from radio" playlist again and I just won't use it this time.  So ultimately this was just something silly I did a while ago not realizing how that playlist fully worked.  Thanks!

Easily done. Glad I could help 🙂

Suggested posts