Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Too big screen for Android Spotify?

Solved!

Too big screen for Android Spotify?

Hey,

I'm new to this Android new app for Spotify. I have Android 2.3.6 and Motorola RAZR MAXX with 4.3 screen. However in every picture on internet I see Spotify like this - very sweet.

spotify-tray.jpg

Picture from Google.

However I see in my phone after Settings white area to the bottom. What's this? I try to take picture today. However can you please explain me why I not see the whole area in black? Motorola is released 4.0 Android and hopefully I receive it soon. I think that maybe I see app like in picture when I update to 4.0?

Anyone with this problem? Tried already re-installing and no help.

27 Replies

I think this is not just GB issue but a Motorola issue more likely. Hopefully Motorola will release the upgrade soon.

"Root it" usually isn't suggested if the phone still is under the warranty.

I'v never rooted a droid phone cause I value the warranty.

Anyways, just wait for the update and see if it works then.

PS. Even spanking new phones sometimes need a factory reset / hard reset. I usually test everything - including hard reset and then putting just the problematic app on it to figure out what causes the issues.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Tested hard reset, no help. Problem is then in Motorola's UI. I wait 4.0.

Just sticking my head in here - yes, looks like it's mostly a UI thing - Maybe related to the resolution on your device?

We just had a look on both 4.x and 2.x devices and they seemed to look the same. If your device gets a bump up to Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean anytime soon, this might sort it out. But it looks like it's just cosmetic, so it shouldn't detract from the application itself.

Airhorn Enthusiast

@neo-x wrote:
I think this is not just GB issue but a Motorola issue more likely. Hopefully Motorola will release the upgrade soon.

"Root it" usually isn't suggested if the phone still is under the warranty.

I'v never rooted a droid phone cause I value the warranty.

Anyways, just wait for the update and see if it works then.

PS. Even spanking new phones sometimes need a factory reset / hard reset. I usually test everything - including hard reset and then putting just the problematic app on it to figure out what causes the issues.

What? I root my android ASAP - don't care for a warrenty!

On Topic:

So.... Peculiar. Anyhow - wait for the ICS update and it doesn't stop the app from working 😉

wow man -- i hate to break it to you but you're going to have real problems with this app on android -- don't go OCD on background colors that don't in any way affect functionality (by the way, i have a motorola droid x with gingerbread, and my menu screen has the light background color at the bottom like yours -- i'm pretty sure it's a ROM thing, not a spotify app thing).

As you can see this works fine on Samsung Galaxy Y with old Android.

2012-08-13_21-00-42_689.jpg

2012-08-13_21-01-00_223.jpg

Marked as solution

Hey folks!!!

Received a ICS 4.0.4 update and Spotify looks cool like from start to end, so no problems described before.

I laaaaaaaaav Spooootifyyy!

Thank you all!

Hey, sorry for bumping.

But here screenshots where you can see all fine. 🙂

Screenshot_2012-09-18-02-07-44.png

Screenshot_2012-09-18-02-07-52.png

I'm so happy. :))

And now this works, so My Life Is A Party and My Spotify Is The Best.

Screenshot_2012-09-18-02-08-13.png

Thank you all for help.

Suggested posts