Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Too much Bowie

Too much Bowie

I've been trying to play several playlists, radio stations and artists today from an Android phone. My problem is that when I start it, it will play one song from that selection and every song following that one is David Bowie. On all of them. I like Bowie, but not today. I reloaded the app and tried playing from a different phone (iPhone). Can anyone fix this bizarre issue?

2 Replies

Hey, help's here!

Reinstalling the app might be worth a shot in order to get this fixed. Just follow the steps here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/.

Let us know how that goes 🙂

Hi,
I've resolved this, albeit as bizarrely as the problem itself. When I encountered the string of seemingly unending Bowie, I'd fast forward thru 4 - 5 songs and then howl in frustration. Finally I tried fast forwarding thru approximately 15 Bowie songs and all of a sudden he was gone for good. Now the music I hear is actually relevant to the playlist/station/artist I've selected. It may be a while before I can enjoy DB again.

I did log out, reload the app, and tried a different device, to no avail. Maybe your engineers can Spotificate this issue.

Suggested posts