Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Top recommendations are all podcasts

Top recommendations are all podcasts

Using the Android app, all my top recommendations are podcasts. This is very frustrating as I don't listen to podcasts with this app. This has to be a bug as I avoid listening to podcasts, and previously my recommendations were all music. After accidentally playing a podcast for a few seconds, it now shows up at the top of the app whenever I open it. Is Spotify working on fixing this?

3 Replies

Hi there @gto1720,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We can confirm that this isn't an issue with the app. As part of Spotify's catalogue, podcasts are also recommended in your Home screen, even if you don't regularly listen to them or just briefly listened to an episode.

No worries though, you can keep scrolling down in your Home screen to find different music recommendations. Apart from that, remember that there are other cool ways to keep discovering new music that fits your taste, like the Made for You playlists such as Discover Weekly and Release Radar, and the Radio feature, which you can start from a song, album, artist or playlist of your choice.

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This issue is still persistent and while Spotify does not consider it "an issue with the app," I do. The podcast recommendations are vulgar and it's really disturbing that Spotify is pushing this sort of content, at the top of my feed, without any way for me to dismiss it.

Hi @gto1720,

Thank you for your reply. 

While at the moment it's not possible removing those podcasts from your recommendations, we totally understand where you're coming from.

There are other users who have requested a feature to customize your Home Screen, that suggestion has been developing in this idea. You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Let us know if you have any questions.  

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts