Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks Skipping/Pausing on Android

Tracks Skipping/Pausing on Android

Hey all,

I have been ignoring this issue for about a month now hoping it would go away, but it hasn't, so here I am! I've been having issues with tracks skipping - like a CD player when you go over that huge bump in your old car. Not skipping whole tracks, but pausing for just long enough to throw off my grove. It seems to happen to most any song - sometimes I can get through one with no skips, and sometimes not. The skips don't even happen in the same spot every time - if I rewing back to before the skip, it will go past the last area it skipped without doing it again. It's frustrating because even downloaded playlists do this - so it's likely not a network/buffering issue. The issue is present on wwifi as well. My streaming quality is set to 'High' and my download quality is set to 'Extreme'.

So, tl;dr: Spotify tracks are skipping/pausing momentarily, randomly - even for downloaded playlists - on network and wifi.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Spotify Version:1.1.0.113

Android Version: 4.4.2 KitKat

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Network: T-Mobile

App+Data On SD Card

Happens on Bluetooth

Troubleshooting done:

1) Clear data, relogin, redownload songs (twice - one with the app change, then once more after)

2) Post on the forum asking for help 🙂

40 Replies

Yes!  I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 and run spotify as a premium member....not for long.  everything was fine last weekend using a bluetooth link to a JBL bluetooth speaker.  Now using a bose bluetooth speaker, it's skipping.

Suggested posts