Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks added to "Songs" in the Android client doesn't syns to "Songs" on the windows client

Tracks added to "Songs" in the Android client doesn't syns to "Songs" on the windows client

Tracks added to "Songs" in the Android client doesn't sync to "Songs" in the Windows client. Tracks added in the Windows client syncs back to the Android client without a hitch and I have no problem syncing playlists. Restarting the Windows client, adding a few tracks or restarting the Android client has no effect. 

What's the solution? 

Br

Mikael

4 Replies

Are you logged into one device using a Spotify logni & Facebook login on the other?

Can you try logging out of both, then log in making sure to use the same account.

Also check www.spotify.com/account and see if you can recover the playlists.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi, 

I've always been logged in with my spotify username on both clients. None the less I tried login in and out of both and it sort of solved the issue for a while. Tracks added on the android client before the re-login never showed up in the windows client, but tracks I added directly afterwards synced immediately. Now, a few days later I'm back to where I started however, and the tracks I've added during the week on the android client has not synced to the windows client. It's a mess to go over them one by one and save them over to a more usefull playlist =(

edit: manually adding each and every track to the starred playlist on the android syncs fine as well. It seems there's an issue with the Songs thing specifically. 

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

FWIW I've stopped trying to use the functionality to save stuff to my music on the phone. Instead I use the starred playlist on the phone and the save to my music thing on the desktop client. Great usability, guys.

Suggested posts