Transfer storage to sd card (no icon)

Highlighted

Transfer storage to sd card (no icon)

I am currently using the newest update of Spotify (7.10) and the storage icon in the settings disappeared. At the moment I am unable to set the general storage to my SD card, because of the missing icon. I tried to delete and reinstall the hole thing, but it doesn't help.
I would be glad to get a good advice, otherwise I have to cancel my contract..
3 Replies

Re: Transfer storage to sd card (no icon)

Roadie

Hey @Perrymarmor, welcome to the Spotify Community!

We’d like to know a bit more about what’s happening. Can you let us know what’s the exact version of Spotify you’re using? We’ll see what we can suggest.

We’ll be waiting for your answer.

Highlighted

Hı Rodrigo

İ have got same prb

My version is 790746

Have can İ solve this problem?

Highlighted

Community Legend

Hey @Perrymarmor @Xthul

I found this post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/How-to-store-offline-music-on-the-external-SD-card-on-andri...

"Just make sure you have an Android/data/com.spotify.music folder on your external SD card. Once this folder exists, a new option Storage is available on Spotify Settings. There you can swith to SD Card. Worked for me on Adroid 5.0."

Someone else said to just go to that location and create a folder titled that.

I also found another post:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/How-to-store-offline-music-on-the-external-SD-card-on-andri...

They said:

1. delete downloaded songs

2. go to device storage/android/data -> move com.spotify.music to SD memory card /android/data (It might already be there i'd just overwrite it, donno if it matter or not)

3. download songs

Hopefully that helps! I had the same problem and I can't remember what I did, but I think I just did the second one which is to move the folder to the SD card.

SUGGESTED POSTS