Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trouble syncing playlists with the spotify app?

Solved!

Trouble syncing playlists with the spotify app?

Hey all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy s3, recently got the Spotify premium upgrade. Gotta couple long car rides the coming weekends.

Well, I went on my computer and made some playlists I'm pretty stoked about, but for some reason the songs aren't showing up on my mobile app.

When I open the 'playlists' section of the mobile app, I can SEE the new list I made. But it says it has zero songs.

So I figured what the hell, I'll add the songs to an existing playlist.

Nope, songs won't appear there either.

It keeps adding any playlists I make on my computer to the app, but none of the songs will appear.

Can someone help me out?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify and it is fixed in the next update which should hit your systems soon.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes! 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you create a playlist with a single track in it on your computer does it appear on your phone?

Peter

Peter

That just worked!

What I'm trying to do is make a large playlist. I found a great one SOMEONE ELSE MADE on my computer spotify, then just made a playlist and tried to add all the songs to it.

Is that a no-go?

Thank you so much by the way, this is saving my life.

Okay this is odd.  I was able to add tracks to the test playlist one at a time.

Then I tried adding a big playlist and it didn't add.  I tried DELETING everything, so now the test playlist has no tracks on my computer, but it still says it has 4 on my phone.

Help?

Marked as solution

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify and it is fixed in the next update which should hit your systems soon.

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes! 😉 

Peter

Peter

Looks like it works.  Just gotta do it slowly and in smaller groups.

Thanks so much!

Suggested posts