Device Phone Sony XA2 "H3113"
Operating System Android 9
I use Spotify Premium for some years now, in Cars I connect via Bluetooth to the car and use the car radio buttons to skip Tracks and Mute/Unmute.
Please note: I don't use Android Auto since my cars don't have that feature, I use a standard Bluetooth Audio connection.
Alas, Spotify does not work on my phone.
For some months the following things didn't work:
- Track, artist, Album Name is not shown in car display
- track time is not shown
- Start/Stop, Track Skip Buttons don't work
Since this year Spotify via Bluetooth does not work at all:
- when I start Playback on the Phone, the track time starts to count on the phone, but nothing is heard on the car
- after approx. 2 seconds, the car shows "device stopped" as if the playback is stopped
- Play/Pause, Skip Back/Forward, Track display still does not work
I already tried:
- Latest Android version is already installed on Phone (Sony XA2, Model H3113, Android 9, Build 50.2.A.3.22),
- latest Spotify App installed on phone 18.104.22.168),
- renewed Bluetooth coupling to car (of course with "Audio" option enabled ),
- tried it on several cars:
* 2015 Mercedes C-Class with COMAND (my main car)
* old car with 2-DIN System Kenwood DDX 7029 and KCA BT-100 Bluetooth adapter
* 2019 Mercedes A-Class
- tried different Music Apps on same phone (Internet Radio App, Sony Music App)
- tried other phones (iPhone 8, Huawei P20 lite)
Other apps work without problems on the very same phone,
other phones work with Spotify,
it's only the combination "Spotify does not work on my Sony XA2 when Bluetooth Audio connection is used"