Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Turn off Spotify Connect

Solved!

Turn off Spotify Connect

How do I disable Spotify Connect?  

If I've got my tablet (iPad) running the app, I definitely don't want my phone running it and draining the battery with the app running there as well.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit by @Daniel 

I've just added a guide on ways of disabling Spotify Connect. Hopefully there will be a way of enabling/disabling the service at will in the future.

How to disable Spotify Connect

MODERATOR EDIT:

Hey everyone, Spotify staff here. Recently we updated the Community Idea "Make Spotify Connect a choice" with the status "Not Right Now".

If you've installed our latest Spotify app for Android (1.8.0) and you're still having trouble with battery drain please let us know right here. 

We'd also like to mention these other Connect ideas which are a bit more specific to the Connectrequests you've made in this thread. Please leave your kudos and feedback in those as well if they apply to the reasons you'd like to turn off Spotify Connect.

If you don't see the idea you'd like to see, please feel free to make a new idea and post a link in this thread. We're keeping a close eye on your feedback and we're actively bringing it back to the right teams. 
437 Replies

Hello Google music. I wasnt thinking at you at all earlier but now I will try you. Cant stand this connect feature.

Everytime  when thers an update for Spotify the app get worse ? 

It should be getting better ??

I am a new Premium subscriber and I also have issues with the new Connect feature.  I am running Android 5.0 Lollipop on a Nexus 5.  When I play a song on my desktop, the Spotify Android app will keep the phone AWAKE and drain the battery significantly.  It prevents "deep sleep".  In addition, every so often it causes the music to pause on my desktop and it skips to the next song.  Perhaps the app has compatibility problems with Android 5.0?  Either way, it is NOT usable like this.

I see the workaround in the OP to enable "offline mode" on your mobile devices every time you listen to music on the desktop, but this is not acceptable.

How do we report these issues to the Spotify team?  I like the feature, but they need to keep it OFF by default and allow the user to enable Connect if and when they want it.  They also need to update the app for Android 5.0 to fix the glitches.

I hope that the Spotify development team sometimes takes a look at this board and do something with the issues.

I wouldn't bet on it...

I find it strange that a forum from Spotify not is used to solve problems .

The should be happy that so many users take the time to put pen to paper and tell whats the problem .

I'm also affected with this problem since my Nexus 5 upgraded to Android 5.0.  I've already reported this issue to Google.

It consumes more resources than the screen itself!!!

Spotify devs please fix this problem or I'll be forced to move to other music streaming provider.

This is getting really bloody annoying. I'm sitting here listening on my computer and my phone keeps throwing up notifications when I change song despite having closed the android app. 

I haven't even opened Spotify on my phone and it's used 10% battery life. 

I just cancelled my subscription and looking for an alternative. 

SORT IT OUT SPOTIFY.

It seems like these issues were made worse after the upgrade to Android 5.0 Lollipop.  For those of you experiencing problems with Spotify Connect and bugs/battery drain, please post your phone specs and Android version.  Thanks!

So now that the idea we've all been rooting for as the solution for this issue has been addressed: http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/44384

2014-11-21

Hey everyone, Spotify staff here. We're marking this idea as 'Not Right Now' since this specific function isn't in our current pipeline. However, please know that the issue with battery drain on Android devices will be addressed for you soon.
We'd also like to mention these other Connect ideas which are a bit more specific to the Connect requests you've made in this thread. Please leave your kudos and feedback in those as well if they address your issue:

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We're very interested to hear your feedback around Connect so please keep it coming!

Seems a bit disingenous to say that this idea isn't in your "current pipeline", but hey, give kudos to these ideas suggested by forum staff and maybe we'll do something about them! Or maybe not! Yay, community!

Eh.

I want it 100% STOPPED or i cancel my premium account. I look for another streaming service.bye bye spotify. If you dont listen to the customors then your doing a bad job.i think many cancelations will folow i think.if i want an remote controle for my pc i buy one but dont use my phone gor it

I just cancelled my Spotify subscription, a subscription I've had and enjoyed for years (pretty much since Spotify was created). Spotify's complete disregard for the issues with Connect myself and others have expressed in this thread and on twitter reached a boiling point today.   I have friends working for Spotify and I wish them and the company all the best, but without me.  I've moved to WIMP. 

Bye.

Petter N.

Are the people from spotify stupid or what ?; The only way that i can get rid of connect is to DELETED the android app ????

I PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT WORK .....PLEASE SOLVE THE PROBLEMS WITH CONNECT  ... AS SOON AS POSSIBLE 

I hate this feature...I'm sitting at work listening to Spotify on my computer...I'll be listening to a song and all of a sudden it stops. Why? Because the app on my phone decided to change the song and pause the playback. What the **bleep**? How **bleep**ing stupid is that? And I can't even stop it from doing that without turning off my phone. The second someone comes out with something similar to Spotify, I'm bailing in a second on this stupid ass company that doesn't listen to its customers. Spotify: the next Myspace!

I keep checking to see an app update on Google Play for my Galaxy as I hate this feature as well. It eats my battery! I have Spotify on at work all day on computer, before this I was able to go home with a 70% battery in my phone left, and now is down to 25% or so since it's always running in my phone. It's draining my cellphone battery!!!! Only way to get rid of it is by turning off data in my phone, which also means turning off necessary apps I actually use and want my data on for.

Spotify, please give us an option to turn it off!!!

This "feature" is not acceptable because there is no off button. I listen to music at work all day long and then I get into my car and I play my audio books on my drive home. Well every day I am forced to go and press play on my audiobook software because spotify has opened so it starts playing music instead of the audiobook that I was last playing on my phone. My car is wired up with bluetooth so it should be very simple. If i do not play music all day long, then the system works properly. If i was throwing a party, i could see a very good use for this feature, because I can control the music from my pocket, so Spotify becomes a remote for my house's sound system. This feature needs to be tweaked so we can turn it off. It is fricken cold out now and I am forced to take off my winter gloves when i get into my car now to play my music because of spotify. GRRRR!!!!

Even though I have killed all spotify processes on my Google Nexus the services are started once I start using spotify on my computer. This, as others have stated above, drains my battery and is definitely a dealbreaker.

+1

When family is using the account at home both mine and the wifes phone keeps getting push msg:s all day long. FFS Spotify, enable us to turn this **bleep** of! There are so many issues here that's it's not even funny...

Without a doubt the worst "feature" since I started as one of the first Premium users.

Can you PLEASE disable this useless, stupid feature?

Or at least give us an option to switch it off. I am listening to Spotify on my desktop PC while working and I have to pause from time to time, start it, stop it, and it just drains my phone battery out because it comes up playing on the phone as well.

Seriously, Spotify

This feature is cool and useful and stuff, I get it. But it really drains my battery on android while I'm using Spotify on my computer.

At least can you give us an option to snooze Connect for some time while we dont need it really? 

Suggested posts