Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two issues, any solution?

Two issues, any solution?

So i just signed back up for spotify after about a year away.

These problems seemed to be there when i left and are still here now. Wondering if there is any solutions.

First is there a way to play my "stared" playlist without having to pick a song first. It would really be nice if i could just launch the playlist or whatever but as it stands now i have to open spotify navigate to playlists open started click a song then it is playing my list.

I widget icon or something that just luanches a playlist would be huge.

Second issue i have is the random is crap.... my currently playlist is about 200 songs so far. I keep hearing the same songs over and over and others not at all.

I really wish they would make a decent app for android as their windows app is good. 

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

1) Currently you can double click on the starred playlist and it will start playing. However there is no widget to choose a playlist; feel free to suggest this in the ideas section of the community!

2) Have you checked your play queue (If android has one)? Make sure 'repeat' isn't enabled and it won't be able to play the same song twice.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for the solution for the first problem.

The second issue i do have loop and shuffle on. In my opinion there is some weird random issues going on here. Maybe the better way to luanch my playlist will help this but i have heard 10 songs 5 times and others 0. i know random could actually do this but i noticed this time and time again before and bam right off the bat again.

I actually have a third issue. It seems like my playlist breaks and i have to reluanch the playlist. if that makes sense. It just wont play but if i reluanch my playlist its fine. Not sure if its when i go from 4g to wifi but it seems when i leave in the morning its always broken.

I have always had trouble reopening Spotify on Android and the song I was listening to isn't available until I go to the playlist and tap the song again. For instance, if I was listening to a song and have the "now playing" screen in full screen. I hit pause, close the app (home button) and do something else. When I reopen Spotify the now playing screen comes up but no album art is displayed and hitting play does nothing until I hit back (to return to the playlist) and select a song. 

Is that similar to the problem your having?

Yes, sounds very similiar if not the same issue. I was just assume it was the going from wifi to 4g since i leave in the morning and it happens and then leave work and it happens.

But from what you discribbed i can reproduce this bug.

Also the double click is not playing my playlist.

If i double click my playlist under ALL

It takes me to the "What's New".... which is odd.

and if i double click under the DOWNLOADED

it flashes then returns me to the same screen.

Suggested posts