UI changes do not happen on my older Spotify account

Country

Belgium

Device

Samsung Galaxy a50

Operating System

Android 10

Hi!

I was lately thinking about those UI changes happend at the beginning of the year. I still don't have it on my account, so I tried making another account. That new account actually got that newer UI and I'm still stuck on the older one with my main account. My app is updated to the latest version.

I have seen whenever I log in to my main account the new UI is gone on the other account too... 

If you don't know which UI I'm in. Check the picture. Is there any way to get the new one?

Thank you!

-Noah 

Screenshot_20200809-171439_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey NoahMbeast22,

Thanks for getting back to us with that screenshot.

Keep in mind that we’re often trying out and introducing improvements and new features. This means you might see something on some accounts that don't show up on others or or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, you can enable automatic updates on your device. You can learn how to do this here

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @NoahMbeast22,

Thanks posting here in the Community! We'll gladly help you out.

On the screenshot you sent us the app seems to display the latest UI. Could you elaborate what features you're missing? It would be great if you could also post a couple of screenshots of the new UI you are referring to. You can also check the version of the app you are running and include it in your reply.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Have an awesome day!

Mihail Moderator

Hi Mihail!

I thought i was on the latest UI. Untill I saw some newer versions pop up. I've heard it only works on newer accounts. So I made a new account and I actually got the newer one that looked like this.

(Could not find any other pics, but I think you know of which UI I'm talking about now.)

20200811_155653.jpg

The strange thing about this was that I got this UI on a new account. When I switched back to my main account, this got changed back to the UI that I showed in my previous post. 

(My version)

Screenshot_20200811-155958_Spotify.jpg

Marked as solution

Hey NoahMbeast22,

Thanks for getting back to us with that screenshot.

Keep in mind that we’re often trying out and introducing improvements and new features. This means you might see something on some accounts that don't show up on others or or get a new feature to try temporarily. 

To make sure you don't miss a thing, you can enable automatic updates on your device. You can learn how to do this here

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator

Suggested posts