Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UI language changed. Why?

UI language changed. Why?

After the last update (witch was yesterday), the language of the Spotify app changed do portuguese(brazilian). Why.? For now, the only way to have Spotify in english occurs if I change it in the settings of my nexus7. Why.
10 Replies

As far as I know, the language should match the language of your device (which it always has done for me).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello

Yes its true. But before the last update, i had the settings (Nexus7) in PT-PT and the UI of Spotify was always in English. After that, i can only have Spotify UI in English if the language in settings is selected 4 English. If the settings are in PT- PT, now the language imposed by the Spotify UI, is PT-BR. As you could imagine is very different.

Thanks anyway, but i have reported this "imposed language" by e-mail to your colleagues.

Like the desktop, webplayer or  onkyo remote apps 4 Spotify, i can choose the language of the UI. In the android app i can't.

Hoping that the future update will fix this minor thing. Until then i continue to enjoy Spotify music with my other apps.

Yours sincerely

Miguel Vila

"The one who waits 4 is offline playlists to be restored in the mass storage of is Nexus"

I've been annoyed at this too so please Spotify make a language option in the app. 

And btw... after almost two and a half months from my first complaint... everything is the same...

Once again, like in the desktop version, include an option in the settings to change the language UI.

Au revoir

Worst....

Even the web page regarding my Spotify signature was translated 4 brazilian... Why?????

Before it was in Portuguese...

Au revoir II

The Mac client application (and perhaps Windows') doesn't even support proper Portuguese, only the bartardised Brazillian version. I think somene at spotify needs to study a bit about cultural differences between the two countries.

Yeah... its true...

They told me in the mail that the situation was sent to the right department. Lol. Probably for the "celular" and not "telemóvel", or the "usuário" and not "utilizador" or even "gerenciar" instead of "gerir" and so on and on...

I have offered myself to do a decent translation free of charge. "sistema operacional" ah! ah! ah! ah! ah! ah! and not "sistema operativo".

Mas é o que temos...

Resultado: lá tive de mudar as UI dos meus mobiles em que uso o spotify para o Inglês. Assim não tenho de voltar à escola para aprender uma nova língua.

Au revoir

Yahooo.... Now the subscription/account page is in English... No more PT/BR UI language... Thank you... thank you... thank you...

Hope Spotify can do the same in the android version (have a proper translation for the Portuguese language and not PT-BR).

BTW... its time to improve the windows phone app.

- For instance to include the abillity to scrobble to de last fm account.

Gracias

I live in Spain but am Australian but suddenly I can only get Spotify in Spanish well these morons at Spotify must think I suddenly woke up this morning Spanish. So Spotify have now lost both myself & my husband as customers. How poor is it that a company like Spotify cannot hire programmers to chenge your country setting but keep your mother tongue. As I said morons.

Well, not only the language issue (which in the limit you could look the other way, as it is understandable)

It is also the location. I have to listen Spotify Brasil and in a playlist like "novidades da semana" (news of the week) I have new songs from Brasil publishers/radios and not from Portuguese ones. So I can't know what's new in my own country.

Suggested posts