[UPDATED 13/02/15] [HTC M8 on T-Mobile] [HELP] Information request

Solved!

Re: [HTC M8 on T-Mobile] [HELP] Information request

Upset
Gig Goer

My third email to them so far - TO CEO/Head of Product - STILL NO RESPONSE

to support, Nicholas, Charlie, Chug

Hi Team,

I hate to do this again, but it's that time of year.

Where is the update? Where is the communication with the Spotify community. You no doubt know that this is a big issue now with Internet Connectivity.

Can we run through how customer service works again please? I'm the customer and you're supposed to service me/product if something goes wrong, correct?

Is there a reason for the stonewalling? Is it that you don't have it worked out? Is it that you're just trapped under all that money :) and letting your low level employees deal with the blow out?

thisisliana
Casual Listener

The solution from ddkurowski worked for me. My question now is what type of timeline Spotify expects for a fix. From what I've seen this issue is specific to the M8 model and the Tmobile network. I'd like to know why other programs handle the IPV4/6 switch with no issues, but Spotify can't seem to get it right.

I really would hate to leave a platform I enjoy due to poor customer service (Because their CS office certainly doesn't understand proper call resolution/handoff ) and an unwillingless to follow through.

DJRomanCandle
Casual Listener

Im using my trial of Google Play all acess right now and can I say, I like it a lot. First of all, the app actually works, the design is great, and it has way better radio than spotify. Check it out, its a 30 day free trial.

The only reason I might want to stay with spotify is because of their student discout, I would have to pay twice what im paying now for a music service, but maybe its worth it.

Rorey
Spotify Legend

Hello everyone. Staff here. I apologise that this issue has persisted.

Our development team is continuing to work hard on finding a fix for this. We’ll post in this thread as soon as we have an update.

Upset
Gig Goer

Rorey - Thanks for at least making it known that there's a problem. The others who work for Spotify are not as communicative as you, even though it was a canned response.

Spotify for music is quickly turning into Comcast when it comes to customer service, something I don't think the Customer Service Team would be happy to be labeled as.

I think it's a bit silly that I and others have had to persist on this board for so long to get a short reponse like the one you gave us.

At this point I can probably give a better update than yourself.

Manny told me - 

Dec. 25th - JUST RECIEVED a test HTC ONE M8 Device running on TMOBILE

Dec. 25th - Was finally able to replicate the problem

January 1st/2nd - We're working on it.

How is it that it took you guys THAT LONG to get a tester device to work? I did 80% of the screen shotting and trouble shooting for you. 

Rory - It's not your problem, but I think it's good if you could give us a little more insight into the following three points -

1. Why has it taken so long for a Spotify Response?

2. Will Spotify REFUND ALL USERS FOR THE MONTHS WHERE THE PRODUCT WAS NOT WORKING PROPERLY?

3. How will you prevent something like this from occuring again in the future?

eastonch
Casual Listener

How can Spotify prepare themselves from silly and rash decisions f rom your service provider? :)

Spotify
Spotify

Hey everyone! We're still investigating this and will report back here as soon as we have an update. The best thread to follow is in the Ongoing Issues board here: "[Android] No Internet Connection"

Nikaloz
Music Fan
Okay do not go to that thread it is most certainly not the best one to follow. Follow this one as it already has st3p by step instructions to successfully change the APN settings with them reverting back.

Nikaloz
Music Fan

Upset
Gig Goer

@eastonch - that's a funny comment.

Consider this - we pay Spotify for a service. We are told that it will work on Android/iOS devices, correct? 

Now, what they do behind the scenes is up to them and how they want to handle it. What we have here is a team that's unwilling to address a problem unless it's called out multiple times, and then doesn't respond to their own help board, but leaves it up to rookie posters.

SUGGESTED POSTS