Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change order of playlists in app

Solved!

Unable to change order of playlists in app

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When I'm on the playlist view in the app (Your Library > Music > Playlists), the "Filters" button is unresponsive to touch. i.e. I'll try to touch the button and nothing happens; the search bar works.

What I'm trying to do is choose the "custom" order, because the default playlist order seems to be sorted by recency, which for me (with my myriad folders and subfolders) quickly descends into anarchy when I try to find a particular playlist.

Anyone else have this issue? I just want to see my playlists arranged in the same order as they appear on the desktop app. I have the most recent Android update for Spotify.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @autoanorak,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

Choosing the custom order sorting option should mirror the order of your playlists in the desktop app.

Keep in mind however that Liked Songs will still show up above the first playlist, even when sorted by custom order.

Just to clarify, are you having troubles to sort your playlists at all due to the Filter button being unresponsive? 

If so, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if this only happens in the Playlists section of Your Library or others as well.

Further, we'd also recommend checking the following to see if the issue persists:

• Turn off your mobile device, wait a couple of minutes and switch it back on.
  • Make sure your device is on the latest software version available. If you see any pending updates, make sure to install them.
  • Try a different internet connection (for example if you're using 3G/4G, try WiFi). 
  • Make sure Spotify is on the latest version available.
  • Close any apps and open Spotify.

Keep us posted! Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @autoanorak,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Keep in mind that custom sort lets you to manually order your playlists to any order you like.

However, if you'd like to change how playlists are viewed in custom order, you can do so from the Spotify desktop app. There's more info about this in this support site article.

Further, you mention that the Filters button is unresponsive on the Android app. If you're still having troubles with this, we'd suggest trying a quick reinstall of the app following the steps in this support site article.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you have more questions.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Yup I have my playlists and folders dragged into custom order on my desktop, and prior to the update I was able to display them in the same custom order on my Android app.

I just tried un-installing and re-installing the app, to no avail--the "Filters" button still seems to be unresponsive.

Marked as solution

Hey again @autoanorak,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

Choosing the custom order sorting option should mirror the order of your playlists in the desktop app.

Keep in mind however that Liked Songs will still show up above the first playlist, even when sorted by custom order.

Just to clarify, are you having troubles to sort your playlists at all due to the Filter button being unresponsive? 

If so, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if this only happens in the Playlists section of Your Library or others as well.

Further, we'd also recommend checking the following to see if the issue persists:

• Turn off your mobile device, wait a couple of minutes and switch it back on.
  • Make sure your device is on the latest software version available. If you see any pending updates, make sure to install them.
  • Try a different internet connection (for example if you're using 3G/4G, try WiFi). 
  • Make sure Spotify is on the latest version available.
  • Close any apps and open Spotify.

Keep us posted! Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you're still having troubles.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Closing all apps and then reopening Spotify first did the trick, now the filter button works! Thanks for your help.

Hey there @autoanorak,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this.

Glad to hear the filtering option is working as it should once more!

If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

We'll be spotify:track:4XaZExR3GSQllvlEpr8ldb

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts