Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to connect to spotify android all day, says I'm offline

Solved!

Unable to connect to spotify android all day, says I'm offline

I've been trying to access spotify mobile all day from work. Pandora, web, speedtest, everything else i've tried works fine. When I tried to open spotify, I was greeted with the message "no internet connection available" across the bottom of the screen.

I tried clearing all data through the spotify settings menu, with the same results. I also tried completely uninstalling spotify, rebooting the phone, deleting the suggested folders, and re-installing. When attempting to login to the newly installed app, It sits there for 5-10 seconds, like it's trying to login, then displays "No internet connection", and "Login Failed". I am using username login, and not facebook login.

Once I got home, I enabled wifi on my phone, and connected to spotify with no problem. PC works fine. Mobile is still not working.

I'm thinking either T-Mobile is somehow blocking my access to spotify, or theres a configuration error/bug in the new version.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Can you please provide the following information:

Phone Model:

Android Version:

Carrier and country:

APN(s):

To find the Access Point Names go to Settings > Wireless & Networks (More) > Mobile Networks >Access Point Names.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thank you for trying to help Merik. It looks like I actually solved it myself, and it was one of the very bits of information you asked for.

I went looking through the mobile data settings. Under Wireless & Networks, it appears some other app (I didn't do it) changed the "access point name" to "T-Mobile GPRS (IPv6)". I'm guessing spotify doesn't support ipv6, but the other apps do. Its working fine now.

Thanks again!

Marked as solution

@Chesstack wrote:
Same issue as user above. Can no longer log into my account because it states I am offline. My phone HTC M8 recently updated. Checked in mobile data settings. Uninsulated and reinstalled app to no avail. This has been happening for about 4 days now. I can only listen to music when I'm connected to outside WiFi. But mobile data disallows. All other apps are working.

Please advise. Poor college kid that pays for this luxury and i don't understand why it's not working.

Please read the guide linked below and scroll down to the section about not being able to connect over mobile data. This should explain it and give you a potential fix.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

15 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Can you please provide the following information:

Phone Model:

Android Version:

Carrier and country:

APN(s):

To find the Access Point Names go to Settings > Wireless & Networks (More) > Mobile Networks >Access Point Names.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Marked as solution

Thank you for trying to help Merik. It looks like I actually solved it myself, and it was one of the very bits of information you asked for.

I went looking through the mobile data settings. Under Wireless & Networks, it appears some other app (I didn't do it) changed the "access point name" to "T-Mobile GPRS (IPv6)". I'm guessing spotify doesn't support ipv6, but the other apps do. Its working fine now.

Thanks again!

If you can Mark @Merik's post as solution I'm sure that a) he'd appreciate it and b, it'll ensure people know that your issue has been resolved.

Thanks

Android Troubleshooting:

@cam94z28 wrote:

Thanks again!

You're welcome! Glad I could help! 🙂

---

And what @Daniel@Daniel said 🙂

Whilst I prefer the OP to mark a post as solution, I've done it for you.

I'm a bit OCD like that, I know it'd just bug me otherwise 🙂

Android Troubleshooting:

I am having the same issue on T Mobile USA on the HTC one m8. The apn is the default and cannot be edited. When I on WiFi it works fine but on mobile data it sometimes tells me I am offline.

Same issue as user above. Can no longer log into my account because it states I am offline. My phone HTC M8 recently updated. Checked in mobile data settings. Uninsulated and reinstalled app to no avail. This has been happening for about 4 days now. I can only listen to music when I'm connected to outside WiFi. But mobile data disallows. All other apps are working.

Please advise. Poor college kid that pays for this luxury and i don't understand why it's not working.
Marked as solution

@Chesstack wrote:

Please read the guide linked below and scroll down to the section about not being able to connect over mobile data. This should explain it and give you a potential fix.

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Android Troubleshooting:

Just tried logging back in after creating new APN (phone will not select new APN and goes back to default) but it is suddenly working!

Just kidding. Not working again.

It says no Internet connection. I've changed the App again and still nothing

Adding a new apn is just a workaround.  For HTC users, the apn will be reset to default after half an hour.  

Forum admins, THIS IS STILL A BUG.

HTC One M8

Android 4.4.4

T-Mobile USA

IPV6

So I followed the solution that is on this board and added a new APN with the recommended settings, however, it still wouldnt work and kept defaulting back to the old APN.  In order to avoid this you must make sure the 'APN Type' has the same name as the default APN.

default,mms,supl,admin,hipri

Once you have named the type correctly then you are good to go.  Also, when you change the APN Protocol on the new APN you are creating you must be sure that you dont select any of the IPv6 settings and only use the IPv4 setting.  The IPv6 is the problem so you dont want to give the phone the option of using that protocol.

I havent found anything detailing the above changes and had to struggle through a few hours of trial and error to find this fix. Please share.

I have just recently signed up gor free trial and was working but now says unable to connect to spotify on my android. Please help

I've been having the same issue at work it doesn't work on the wifi but everything else does and at home with Wi-Fi it's fine ive tries deleting  and reinstalling and rebooting my phone with no luck 

Suggested posts