Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to download: Constantly saying 'no internet connection available'

Unable to download: Constantly saying 'no internet connection available'

=== START OF TEMPLATE ===

Description

Ever since the new update, I'm unable to download new playlists that weren't already on my phone. It allows me to search, but as soon as I try to download an album, it shows that I am in offline mode and freezes at 0%. It also keeps forgetting my last.fm details every time I relaunch the app. I've completely uninstalled the app (including wiping cache and manually removing the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder followed by a reboot, etc.) and the problem was resolved for about 20 minutes, allowing me to download 1 playlist before the problem reappeared

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

(We need to know what you are doing so we can do the exact same to try and get the same error)

Simply using the app normally. It plays playlists which are already offline fine, but will not allow others to be downloaded. The connection is solid in other apps at the time this happens (I have had streaming audio running from other apps uninterupted whilst recreating this issue purely as a test). I have tried over 3 different wifi connections and also 3g, but the same issue happens. periodically, it will show that it's reconnected but will never progress past 0% on any playlists it's trying to download.

What I expected to happen

Playlists should download to 100% and it should never show 'no internet connection available' since thwere contantly has been one.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Samsung Galaxy Note N7000

Device’s Operating System

Jellybean 4.1.2

What type of account do you have?

Premium

(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")

Space left on your device

... GB

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

338 MB

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

19.73 GB

Is your device rooted?

Yes

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

RocketRom

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No - would like to, but this option has been removed. Please tell me how to do this?

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

N/A

My mobile Spotify version

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

N/A

My mobile provider and country

GiffGaff UK

My username

Paradasos

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Spotify login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

no

=== END OF TEMPLATE ===

2 Replies

I'm not an android kinda guy, so maybe someone else will be able to offer more insight, but it does sound to me like you might be experiencing this known bug which is reported over in the bugs section.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It might not be an exact match, but could potentially be connected, so thanks for your help!

Suggested posts