Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to input username and password for Last.FM scrobbling

Solved!

Unable to input username and password for Last.FM scrobbling

Hi,

I'm having a really weird issue here (Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted with a stock-based rom).

I just cleared Spotify's data because I wanted the app to recognize the sd card and let me select it as a download destination for playlists... when I launched again the app I was unable to input any character in the last.fm username and password fields. 
Every time I tap on the input field, to enable it and start typing, it gets disabled. The cursor is visible for half a second, then it disappears. I tried everything, disabled text-prediction, reverted to stock keyboard (I usually use Swiftkey) but to no avail. The fields remain blank.
Last time I filled the Last.fm scrobbling credentials was some months ago and everything was working fine, so most likely the issue crept in with a recent release.

Just to be clear, the keyboard works 100% fine and I am able to input text in other sections of the app, e.g. the search field. Also, this isnt a problem like "Spotify tells me username and password are incorrect", because I dont even get to the point where I can input those data in the input fields. 

Cheers
Renato

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It seems to work fine on the new release 0.6.2.64

On my phone at least, I've not yet tried it on the tablet but i expect it will be ok

EDIT: Works fine on the tablet too!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

I've seen this reported by someone else recently although I can't find the post right now but I recall the person was also using swiftkey. Have you tried removing swiftkey completely before doing a fresh reinstall?

Thanks for the reply. It doesnt make much sense that I need to uninstall an app to have another one perform correctly. I have used stock android keyboard and that didnt yield any result. I dont want to lose my Swiftkey personalizations...

EDIT: I did try to reinstall Spotify twice but the issue is still there

I have this problem on both a Samsung S2 (i9100) and a Toshiba AT300, both running Jelly Bean and have the latest version of Spotify which I have re-installed (after using the delete data option in the Apps setting) - it's not helped, the "done" button on the keyboard switches back to an enter key almost immediately when I enter either the username or password field and all keypresses are ignored.

Guys, I can't reproduce this but three of you are having the same issue so I'm going to escalate this and hopefully something can be sorted out.

Hi guys,

We're looking into this. Can I ask which version of Spotify and which Anroid OS version everyone is running? 

I'm running version 0.6.0.20 on Android 4.1.2 

Android 4.2.2 on my phone

Android 4.1.1 on the tablet

Spotify 0.6.0.20 on both, neither accept last.fm username/password 

Marked as solution

It seems to work fine on the new release 0.6.2.64

On my phone at least, I've not yet tried it on the tablet but i expect it will be ok

EDIT: Works fine on the tablet too!

Anyone still having trouble with this, please see my post here.

Nope, still happening on a 0.6.2.64 fresh install 😕

@jwylot wrote:

Anyone still having trouble with this, please see my post here.

I believe the issue is different, as we are unable to actually type anything in the fields. 

Hi everyone. We've confirmed this bug though I don't have any word on the fix yet. We'll keep you posted in this thread.

Three weeks out since last reply...

Any word on this?

They're still working on it. As an interim fix, try pointing your android browser at m.spotify.com and grab the app from there. It should let you enter your spotify details and should retain them if you then upgrade to the newer version. Be interested to know if that works for you.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've fixed this issue and it should be live in the most recent version of Spotify on Google Play.

@Rorey wrote:

Just wanted to let everyone know that we've fixed this issue and it should be live in the most recent version of Spotify on Google Play.

Do you mean in the version currently in Google Play (0.6.5.183)? 
Because the issue is NOT fixed in that version, it is still happening as before even on clean installs. 

@Rorey wrote:

FIXED?? I have the latest version on both my phones, Galaxy S3 and S4, the problem is definitely not fixed!

Version 0.6.6.270 just came out and the issue STILL PERSISTS, even on clean install and default android keyboard. 
Instead of adding languages like Malay and Tagalog to the UI, why dont you fix what's already there? >:/

Hi folks. We're happy to announce that this should be fixed in the upcoming release for Android. Stay tuned!

Suggested posts