Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in on Galaxy S3

Solved!

Unable to log in on Galaxy S3

Got Spotify Premium and happily used it on my S3 until a few weeks ago but it will now no longer log me in. Or at least it seems to log in (using Facebook) for a second before kicking me out to the login/signup page again.

Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but still the same thing.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

No need for that! Once you get booted to the second login screen click the "I'm new to spotify" button and it will let you in!
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

8 Replies

@MattyH wrote:

Got Spotify Premium and happily used it on my S3 until a few weeks ago but it will now no longer log me in. Or at least it seems to log in (using Facebook) for a second before kicking me out to the login/signup page again.

Tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling but still the same thing.

Anyone any ideas?

Many thanks.

Hi, please could you also uninstall and reinstall the facebook for android app if you have it installed?

Once that has been done, go into your app settings and clear the data from the Spotify app.

Now try and login to the Spotify app again 🙂

Thanks Liam. Just tried all of that but the same thing is happening.

Logs me in for a second (I can see my playlists, etc.) but then I'm kicked out to the "Discover great music... Login... I'm new to Spotify..." screen.

@MattyH wrote:

Thanks Liam. Just tried all of that but the same thing is happening.

Logs me in for a second (I can see my playlists, etc.) but then I'm kicked out to the "Discover great music... Login... I'm new to Spotify..." screen.

Hmm strange.

Please could you:

1. Erase the data from the Spotify app
  2. Reboot
  3. Try and login

Thanks 🙂

Marked as solution

No need for that! Once you get booted to the second login screen click the "I'm new to spotify" button and it will let you in!
----------------

@licenced wrote:

Thanks for clarifying - will this definitely work?

Its worked for everyone so far. Always worth a try before wiping everything
----------------

Thanks very much. That really was all it needed!

Much appreciated.

Matt

Had the same exact problem and the solution above worked perfectly (just click on I'm new to Spotify). Why this bug still exists is VERY disconcerting. It's super confusing and is happening on the most popular phone on Earth. (Galaxy S3)

Suggested posts