Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login. Either username or password is incorrect

Unable to login. Either username or password is incorrect

Hi,

I've been using Spotify Premium for nearly 2 years, never had any issues.

I recently got a new phone. I cannot seem to login. It says "unable to login. Either username or password is incorrect."

I can sign in ok through my laptop.

I removed the app from my phone and did a clean reinstall.

I changed my password.

I have typed it in very carefully - it is 100% correct.

I am using my username and not my email.

I removed all offline devices from my account.

I do not want to log in through facebook - never have, never will. 

Yet it  keeps giving me the error message

Can someone please help?

35 Replies

Guys sometime found a solution? I can login with the pc and website but not in the app, but I can login in the app with another account.... Any suggestions?

I am facing the same problem on my tablet. I can log in fine on my phone but the error message comes up on my tablet. I am a premium subscriber. Come on Spotify, do something to fix this.

Are there any solutions yet??? Having the same issue

Same issue. Have NOT been using modified apps, ever and got a family subscription. I can login on PC just fine.

I have the exact same problem since today. I reset my password to make sure it's right, I have no problem logging in on my laptop Spotify app with the exact same credentials (username - not email - and password). I downloaded the latest version of the Spotify Android app and it still won't accept my login. I didn't get a new phone or update my account in any way, this just came out of nowhere and has never happened before in 15 months of using Spotify on Android.

Based on the comments I'm seeing here, the exact same problem is happening for other users. Please let me know when this issue is resolved! Thanks

I'm having the same issue with it.

Yo so i would recomend installing the app via the APK, try looking online how get the apk off the app store. I have heard of ways that people do that. I saw this and figured i could try help.

I am able to log in on my Samsung phone app but not on a pc. I get the incorrect username and password. But I can log out and log in using the same credentials on my phone app. I have tried several browsers, chrome and such, and also did the reset password. I've even tried setting up a new account and same thing. Lost at what else to try.

I was using a modded version and got the email just yesterday, so i uninstalled and did a clean reinstall and it's still not working. Having this same issue. Also using the username and password. Have reset my password twice. Facebook login won't work either. Used the .apk download because the Google play one wouldn't even download. I'm at a loss here, is my account suspended or something? 

still not working... 

Still nothing from Spotify to solve this issue. Spotify is **bleep**! 

me too dude me too (from turkei)

This is annoying. It works on my laptop i've tried using facebook login on the app, but it still doesn't work. Username and password have been typed with bombsquad like precision. Yet it says, either username or password is incorrect. I've given up. It's difficult to listen to music anymore. it's been 3 days now. If this issue is affecting so many people, then why don't y'all do something about it! Please please please help!

I'd like not to be repetitive since a lot of people have already said this but I'm having the same issue as well.

Same issue here. Is Spotify trying to lose all their customers?

I have the same issue too

Suggested posts