Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login / use anything online while on 3G / 4G

Unable to login / use anything online while on 3G / 4G

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help, because this is causing me real issues and makes my premium subscription almost useless. I have just got a new android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), the problem has started since i got the new phone, so it seems like the issue is on the phone side rather than Spotify.

When i try to login to Spotify either using my username / password or facebook, i get a "no internet connection" error message. 

My internet browser / WhatApps and other apps are all able to get an internet connection, it just seems to be Spotify that has this issue.

I have checked my APN settings and i have an "ee Internet" APN, that is setup correctly as is in use.

I can login fine on a WiFi network, but then if i switch back to 3G / 4G and try to search for music, i am hit with the same "no internet connection" message.

Also Spotify is not in "offline mode".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

Who is your cell phone provider and in what country? Do you have IPv6 enabled, if so disable it. 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi,

My phone is with EE (T-Mobile) and my APN's are both using IPv4.

Was your account created with Facebook? Try these steps and let me know if they work:

1. Uninstall app
  2. Reboot phone
  3. Acquire a password here.
  4. Install Spotify and login with the numerical username and password

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Suggested posts