Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to open spotify on my Samsung S5 since the last update.

Solved!

Unable to open spotify on my Samsung S5 since the last update.

The app loads into the new feature "running" window, then when I tap done or wait about 5 seconds the app crashes. I've tried downloading the newest beta and reinstalling the app multiple times with 2 different facebook accounts and nothing works, I also tried removing both the sim-card and the memory card on a fresh install of the app with no success.. This all started about a week ago when the newest update rolled out (Saturday or sunday I think...)  btw: I was on a plane trip and auto-updated the app in Sweden with the phone in the Swedish time-zone so I don't know if that somehow messed it up? 

I've already lost 1.5 weeks of paid spotify premium; any tips on what I could do? 

Phone: Samsung S5 'SM-G900F' running Android 5.0 with kernel version 3.4.0-4209230
Current Spotify Version: 4.0.0783 Beta.
Spotify Free/Premium: Premium.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

This issue is already under investigation.

You can download a slightly older version of the app.

You can check this ongoing issue report for more information. ^^

Peace

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

This issue is already under investigation.

You can download a slightly older version of the app.

You can check this ongoing issue report for more information. ^^

Peace

Thanks for the quick and helpful answer, appreciate it! 🙂

Peace.

Hey I've just updated my s5 and the issue is still ongoing? Is there a way I can use Spotify on my phone as I use it in my car? Thanks paul

I've tried a older vision still not working!! Any ideas? Otherwise I will need to cancel my subscription thanks!

Suggested posts