Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to play music offline - Solved

Unable to play music offline - Solved

Hi,
Im having some problems with my premium account. I can download playlists and listen to them in online mode. When I switch to offline mode, the subscription count, artist image and additional information disappears. The song starts "playing" but there is no sound. In a 30 song playlist, three songs had sound though. I dont have any local files stored on the phone due to clean install.
I also get the massage "No SD-card found", but this resolves after a re-booting.

I have tried following solutions:
- Clean installl OS
- Format SD-card
- Reboot phone multiple times
- Clean install spotify multipe times
- Insert headset before starting spotify, when spotify has startet etc

Does sombody have a solution? This problem is really hitting a nerve...
If it doesnt resolve, is it possible to freeze the spofify subscription? I dont want to pay for something Im not able to use.

3 Replies

Hi. Has this only recently started happening? Which phone model and spotify version are you using? Is your phone by any chance connected via the USB cable when you get this error?

If your phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4, there does appear to be a common problem with the external SD card unmounting as reported here.

Yes, it recently started. Im using SE xperia active, newest version of spotify.
No, I revieve the message independent of USB connection or not.

I tried changing to another SD-card, and are now able to listen to music offline. There may have been some miscommunication with the previous SD-card and Spotify, that has recently developed.
I hope this positive outcome will last 🙂

Some micro SD cards, especially the really cheap ones, often don't work well with phones and I'm happy to hear that a change of card may have fixed this issue for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed 🙂

Suggested posts