Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to send music to a specific user

Unable to send music to a specific user

Today when I launched Spotify on my Windows desktop, I find that I am unable to "share" music (songs, albums playlists) with specific Spotify users. Before, I was able to "send to" and select users, now the only option is to "Share with followers." I send music to specific friends every day, how can I get this working again?

16 Replies

Yup, same thing here. I wanted to share a song with a friend and noticed that feature missing.

Spotify, what are you doing? Why take away a feature? Don't you guys know anything about loss aversion?

Please don't be dumb and bring it back.

I can't send either. This was one of my favorite features of spotify since all of my friends are paid users, it makes it really easy to share your favorite songs with them. And if they can't listen right away, it will just chill in their inbox until they're ready. Why would such a great feature be taken away???????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm new to The Spotify Community.  Got here by looking for the answer to this exact issue.  What can I do to encourage adding this feature again?  I love Spotify though a big reason I upgraded to Premium was b/c I love sharing music between a select few of my radio media friends as well as the LYRICS option that is also gone but did it really ever work?  Each time I would click on it I would get a screen that said "Coming Soon".  

Anybody have the inside intel on why these changes?      

I don't understand why they changed it and I'm surprised I did'nt find more than this post. I really liked to be able to send songs with a little textmessage, simple and good feature. 

Maybe it's not a issue for most users, but is it still not better to expand the options, not make them less? 

I had this same issue too. I'm really disappointed. I'm leaving a bad review in the app store. If enough people do this they might bring it back. 

Tried again today and they have reintroduced the feature! Good news!

There are ways to share music on more platforms, but not within spotify itself, they haven't changed that, if I havn't missed something... 

Thanks so much for heads up on this feature, Shinypouch!  Great news, nice to feel heard by the powers that be at Spotify.  

Yes and no... It's not the same as before. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but when I go to share a song it brings up a row of social media icons that I can share it to (see photo). One of them is Facebook Messenger. Is that how they want you to share with friends now?

I don't see a "share with friend on spotify" as before or an inbox where songs came into.

I want my inbox, dammit.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 11.14.30 AM.png

Yep, you are indeed right, still no InBox. I do use Messenger to share music but the InBox option would be good within Spotify again.

Nope, you are correct. I got a bit excited.

same here. very frustrating.

Still down. I don't understand why there is even the "Make Colaborative" option when you can no longer share the playlists with other members. I emailed myself a link and could not even follow my own playlist on an alteranate account in order to collaborate. 

How are you sending songs and albums now? I e-mail, because I don't use social media, but I guess you can have links in text messages too? Haven't been able to try it yet. 

The problem is that they removed the in app messaging system.

I meant to ask about copy and paste links from spotify to regular text message on mobile. I do this on computer

Suggested posts