Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to skip to a specific time of a local song

Unable to skip to a specific time of a local song

Hi.

In the recent few days Spotify seems to work really oddly with downloaded local songs. I've already tried to reinstall the app, use both local storage and the SD card. I made a playlist test, with one spotify song and a local song, downloaded them both on my device and the result is:

• the spotify song works perfectly, I can skip to any second of it
  • the local song, however, whenever I try to skip to any second of it, it just restarts and it is really annoying

This issue is on Android only because, when I sync it with my PC, I can do everything fine from my device to my PC, but not on my device only.

Video proof: https://streamable.com/y3o47 (maybe it will explain it better since I wouldn't even know to better address this issue in my native language). The circle and the x on the second song mean that, even though it shows to be at 2:58, the song actually started again from the beginning (it's impossible to record android audio so I didn't know how to explain it better visually).

27 Replies

I've spent about an hour with support and all they've asked me is to
reinstall stuff, check updates for my system, but didn't even file the bug
on their side like the problem was with my phone and not with the code that
they release to PROD w/o any decent testing.

I've also spent a lot of time with support on twitter during Sunday. Also asked me the same things. But since yesterday morning they stopped replying.

Hey guys, the newest beta update solve the problem, I tested the new version (8.4.54.531) and it worked to fix the bug:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-54-531-release/spotify-music-8-4-54-53...

Hopefully they will release it officially soon. Don't like to install apps from unknown sources. If only beta was still open to join... 

A new version (8.4.53.703) was released to the play store but still doesn't fix the issue. It's still an older version than the the beta that halfaxadegaza reported it was working. I guess we'll have to wait more time... 

I've received the 8.4.54.536 update and this bug has been fixed.

The latest update (version 8.4.54.536) fixes it.

Same here. It's only just started. Toggle shuffle on and off seems to work for me. 

Not a fix but a work around..

Suggested posts