Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unfortunately spotify has stopped working

Unfortunately spotify has stopped working

I have been paying for Spotify premium for a while. Recently, when I open spotify, it immediately tells me "Unfortunately spotify has stopped working". 
To get this to stop, I have to uninstall spotify, take out my battery, put my battery back in, turn my phone on, and reinstall spotify. Its extremely annoying. This has been happening for quite a few months. And if i try to re-open it, it happens again, and the process must start over to listen to music.
Recently, even after I have completely closed spotify, the error message STILL pops up randomly. No music is playing, spotify isn't even running, but the error message will come up. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy s5. 

What can I do to stop this? 

4 Replies

Hi there, 

Welcome at the Spotify Community! 

When reinstalling, did you follow all the steps correctly as given in this topic?

That solution did not work. Any other suggestions?

@Daniel Do you have an idea about this issue?

S5 you say? Can I ask you to backup all data on your SD card, uninstall Spotify then in your phone format the SD card and then re-install Spotify.

Now open it and see if it works OK? If so, you can then restore your pictures, photo's etc from the SD backup. My guess is that you've taken the SD card out of your old phone and put it in the new phone without wiping. This can lead to redundant files or iinvalid dependancies and can lead to issues like this.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts