Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

A lot of times I see that there is a Google Cast device in my device list. Even when my phone is not connected to WiFi or Bluetooth. How is this possible?

Screenshot_20190831-214621.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @sjorsvh,

Thanks for sharing.

What you're seeing as an available device is most probably a device that you have once connected to. This is not something to be worried about. The device will keep showing up as available even if you're not using it at the moment and are not logged onto it. 

If you don't want to see this, you have the option to go to Spotify's settings in the App: Settings>Devices> Show local devices only.

I hope this sheds light on the subject.

Have a nice day 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I had exactly the same problem and I turned off Chrome cast support on my Android Phone (namely "Media controls for Cast devices") and it did the trick.

Edit: Unfortunately it came again after a while. The solution above doesn't work anymore.

Hi @user-removed,

Thanks for jumping in the thread and sharing your experience! 

We are happy to see users helping other others. We'll keep an eye on the thread.

Let us know if you have any questions - we're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have never connected to that one specific Google Cast. Even when I'm somewhere that I've never been before I see a Google Cast on my device list. 

And I don't want to turn Google Cast devices off. I just don't understand why they keep showing up. I can turn my WiFi and Bluetooth off but that doesn't help. It shouldn't be possible for those devices to show up.

Suggested posts