Unusable - playback has a mind of it own, will pause and skip over and over, even when app is closed

Highlighted

Re: Unusable - playback has a mind of it own, will pause and skip over and over, even when app is cl

giddingsbaldwin
Regular

I havent noticed it happening with any other apps, i have noticed that facebook/instagram can sometimes trigger it tho? If im playing a song and scrolling through facebook, with sound on and a video starts playing, it can trigger it.. but that doesnt always happen.

I havent noticed any patterns either it appears randomly and can last between a few minutes or until i get annoyed and uninstall it. I listen to alot of different stuff so its hard to tell

Please see attached for version details, wouldnt let me post it. This is not a joke i swear

Screenshot_20180913-171947_Spotify.jpg
Highlighted

Re: Unusable - playback has a mind of it own, will pause and skip over and over, even when app is cl

Tom
Spotify Legend

Hey @giddingsbaldwin,

Thanks for all the info! We want to try and track what's triggering this. 

To make sure no other apps are interferring, could you turn your device on and off and open just Spotify and see if it starts skipping. If it works as expected, it'd be great to see then if an app like Facebook or Instagram triggers it. 

It would also be great if you could see if it happens when using WiFi or mobile data. 

Let us know how you get on, 

/T

Highlighted

giddingsbaldwin
Regular

I think its my headphones...

I noticed that when i took my headphones out, it stopped skipping and played normally.

The skipping happened when using youtube the other day aswell.

Theyre pretty old sony headphone, ive had them ages.. maybe its time for an upgrade

Will confirm if it fixes the problem

Jack

SUGGESTED POSTS