Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android Version 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I'm running 8.4.95.785, and this update and the last have made loading times super slow. It used to be almost instant to go from menu to menu, or it would take a few seconds to load upon startup. Now, it seems like it takes forever to get each page to appear, if it appears at all. I've found that the fastest method to load a screen is to select something, let Spotify struggle for a couple seconds to bring it up, then return to the previous menu so I can re-select the same page. It usually comes up on the second try after a bit of a pause.

Again, I'm running 8.4.95.785 as of yesterday, but the update before that (on February 27th?) introduced this lag. Everything was good before then, with no lag.

19 Replies

Hi @metalheadxjamie, thanks for writing.

There are some things you can do.

1. Try a soft reset (reboot the device).
  2. If that doesnโ€™t work, update your deviceโ€™s firmware (if available).
  3. If that doesnโ€™t work, try clearing your deviceโ€™s cache.
  4. If that doesnโ€™t work, try using a different WiFi connection (please note that streaming dover mobile data might incur additional charges). If this works you probably need to restart your router.
  5. If that doesnโ€™t work, ask a friend or family member who also uses Spotify to log in to their account on your device. If everything works for them itโ€™s likely the issue is with your account. If not, then itโ€™s probably an issue with your device.

Let me know if it helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This.

Tried everything in the suggestions.

When choosing an album from my music it now takes 4 seconds to show the tracks. Previously this was instantaneous.  This happens on or offline with albums that are or are not downloaded.

Note that I have a lot of albums saved (maybe this is not a stamdard test case) and it feels to me like this could be the result of scanning all those tracks to show only the ones in the album rather than some form of index.

Is there anyone from spotify reading this that can verify that this is a real bug/degradation rather than just posting the standard response?

Hey @P944

Please try a clean reinstallation of the app as it might help.

Also, do you know how many songs/playlists have been saved offline? 

BittencourtSpotify Star

Same issue here on a Samsung S9. None of the suggestions (including a fresh install) have worked. We can't be the only 2 people.

Hey @waitkens90@metalheadxjamie and @P944,

Please take a look at the topics bellow and let me know if the issue is the same as yours:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-app-green-loading-cicle-constantly-appears-and-othe...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-s-green-circle-keeps-loading/td-p/4702653/page/2

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi,

No, not the same issue. 

If I select an album from my library, the app will pause for 3-4 seconds before displaying the album and it's tracks. This happens every time I navigate to an album.

Thanks

Hey @waitkens90,

Please let me know if:

• this is only happening when going to Your Library > Albums (and not in any other menu)
  • this happens with all albums under Your Library > Albums
  • you have tried logging into another account on the same device to see if the issue still occurs

Thanks!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey!

The albums under "Your Library" are loading much faster now, but an album itself still takes a fair bit of time to load.

Hey all,

Please take a look at this Ongoing Issue and let me know if it matches yours.

It looks similar so if a reinstallation won't help I suggest that you post your observation in the Ongoing Issue.

BittencourtSpotify Star

It doesnt seem you're really reading what our issue is so please stop replying with other issues that are different.

Hey @waitkens90, thanks for your reply.

The link I gave you is from a similar issue related to loading songs, I'm sorry if that doesn't help you.

I asked you some questions last Tuesday but you didn't reply, so I'm not sure what else to suggest here.

Maybe @metalheadxjamie and @P944 have some news on their side.

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hey guys,

So do you have any news related to the issue?

If you're still looking for help, it'd be a good idea if you could share a screenrecording of what you're experiencing so we have a better idea of what's happening. 

@waitkens90 you can also try a clean reinstall with the steps below. I know you have already tried a regular reinstall, so this time you'd follow these steps instead:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices listed.
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes.
  6. Switch your device back on.
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hello, 

Re-upping this thread. I experienced the exact same issues described by @waitkens90. The app works, but since March, 2019, there is a 4-5 second delay when I open albums saved in my library.

I have tried every concievable clean install of Spotify on my Android on a MotoG6, including doing a factory reset of my phone, but it still won't work. When a friend logged into their account on my phone and all Library albums opened instantly. Even more frustrating was that when I logged in to my account on a friend's phone, all Library albums opened instantly.

Has there been any update to this issue?

There isn't even any acknowledgement for this issue, nevermind a resolution!

Hi there,

So to restart this thread again, but I am experiencing the same issue, and tried all solutions listed before, and even orhers, the issue is still not solved and it makes using the app a very annoying thing...

Has anyone a solution to offer ? I can answer questions if needed. 

Thank you ! 

There are now several other threads on here all reporting the same or similar problems. The recent update seems to have made this issue more widespread.

Whoa had no idea you could do this. Downloaded an older version and it 100%
fixed the problem.

Thank you all for your answer ! I will try to download an old version in this case and let you know if that works.

Suggested posts