Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update to 0.7.9.1170 erases everything!

Update to 0.7.9.1170 erases everything!

Hi,

I updated to 0.7.9.1170 on Samsung Galaxy S4 Andriod 4.2.2 and everything has been erased!

I am a premium member and it thinks I have the free version. All my playlists have disappeared, and there are no more downloaded/offline songs. It's like I am a brand new user. I've logged in several times, connected/disconnected facebook... but nothing solves this.

On my desktop, everything is fine.. I can see my playlists and I'm listed as premium.

Any solutions?

4 Replies

Have you tried restarting your device?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I figured out the problem... I accidently signed in with my email address, not my spotify account and it created a new profile

Hi, I just updated to the new version of Spotify as well and all my playlists have been deleted. I am a premium member. I tried logging off then logging back on, restarted my phone, etc and nothing worked. Please advise on what I can do to retrieve my playlists. Thanks!

Your offline content will have been removed in the update to the newest version as detailed here:

https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/downloading-android-update

However, your playlists and your account should be intact. Are you definitely logging in using the correct details? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts