Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Moto X - which cars offer deep integration with Spotify?

Using Moto X - which cars offer deep integration with Spotify?

I can't live with Spotify Premium on my Moto X. My Mercedes doesn't have deep integration - I can stream over bluetooth but have to control Spotify on the phone.

I'd like to be able to see track info, playlists/albums, and do everything from the car controls without pulling the phone out of my pocket. Is there a guide somewhere on which cars and models have what kind of integration? For example will a BMW M3/M6 allow me to play music on Spotify from the nav screen without touching the phone?

I know Ford/Lincoln/Volvo have an integration but none of those brands are appealing. I'd rather Mercedes/BMW/etc.

Thanks!

5 Replies

What Mercedes do you have? Is it new? Most modern cars have the right Bluetooth protocol to control via Bluetooth. My BMW certainly does.

Can you try a clean install as detailed in my signature? It can also be that another app has booked into the media control which then blocks it working on Spotify. JAYS headset control is a known one, try uninstalling other apps like this and seeing if it still isn't working.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

It's a 2010 E350.

I rented a car the other day (Toyota Camry) and the integration was much better. I could see the song titles and everything on the screen.

What BMW do you have? Do you get in the car and control Spotify from the car directly, without ever touching your phone?

I have no problem with Spotify, it works perfectly. I am just shopping for a car based on how Spotify will work.

I have an 2012 320D and have full control with the idrive with the professional media pack. But I'll be looking at a new car around Christmas time and am thinking Android Auto may be worth holding out for a i think there may be even more integration.

Android Troubleshooting:

Just got an idea - could you tell me your thoughts on this:

I could just buy a used iphone or ipod, put a pay-as-you-go data plan on it, plug it into the iphone connector that's in my car, and have all the rich functionality of Spotify through the car. Since it's wired it should have all the options vs. the limited functionality of bluetooth streaming.

What do you think?

It's something I'd toyed south thinking about as manufacturers seem to prefer to build for iphone. But mine works on through Bluetooth so the investment didn't seem worthwhile. Maybe ask in the ios forum to see their thoughts.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts