Using Spotify Connect unable to swipe away the notification

Highlighted

Re: Using Spotify Connect unable to swipe away the notification

Composer

Hello again!

Do you mean while playing music on my computer? If I close the app by using Force Close then no, no notification appears while listening to music on my computer (doesn't matter if from Spotify catalogue or local files). But if I have Spotify running in the background (as normally you wouldn't Force Close apps after using them) then if I start listening to music on my computer (doesn't matter if from Spotify catalogue or local files) then the notification appears. And that's all good except that if I play local files on my computer then after that I'm unable to close (swipe away) the notification on my phone.

Highlighted

Hey again @AeroZ,

The cross-device now-playing info, of which the notifications are based on, use the Connect technology to check which song is currently being played where.

As I mentioned previously, Connect doesn't support local files so it could explain why the notification becomes unresponsive while that track is playing.

Further, keep in mind that different Android devices handle notifications differently. You can double-check your phone's settings for your current notification preferences, if you want.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Composer

Then I'd say it's a bug. If a feature doesn't work correctly or it's not fully supported (Spotify Connect with Local Files) then it should be either disabled altogether or fixed.

SUGGESTED POSTS