Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using Spotify with Android Smartwatch

Solved!

Using Spotify with Android Smartwatch

I am getting a smartwatch and I am mostly going to be using it for working out. I would very much like to use spotify on the watch connected with a bluetooth headset so I do not need to carry my phone around everywhere at the gym. Is there a way to use spotify on my smartwatch in offline mode so my playlist is downloaded directly on to the smartwatch without me having to carry my phone around?

Thank you,

Adam

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi all,

please remove this solution to the first question.

This application doesn't  provide a feature to store music on a smartwatch, it's "just" a remote control.

The issue doesn't concerns if it's possible to have a remote control with a smartwatch but if  it's possible to play some music from spotify without a smartphone phone and without a internet connexion. This feature is already provided by Google Play Music (in the offline setting, the user can choose where to store the music: in the smartphone or in the smartwatch)... Currently I use spotify and I wait this feature ..

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hi, welcome to the community!

Yes, just click here and follow the steps 

Hope it helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the response!

It looks to me that the link you shared with me talks about using offline mode with an android smartphone. I know how to do this and have been doing this already at the gym. However, it is very annoying to carry my phone around the gym which is why I got a smartwatch so I can just play music off of that more conviently since it will be attached to my wrist. It is my understanding that a smart watch does not use the conventinal google play apps and that instead it uses Andriod Wear apps. Will I be able to use offline mode on my smartwatch is my question, so that I dont need to carry my phone around at the gym (which is very annoying).

Yes, you can install this app which provides all you spotify tracks, including the offline ones if you're premium

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=wearablesoftware.wearspotifyplayer&hl=pt_BR

BittencourtSpotify Star

Ahhhh Okay, so with this app I should be able to access my offline playlists and play them directly from my smartwatch? That is exactly what I was looking to do. Now I can leave my phone in my locker and use my smartwatch at the gym instead! Perfect. Thank you so much for the help Bittencourt 🙂

You're welcome!
BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi Rodrigo, do I need any special smartwatch to be able to listen offline to my Spotify playlists?

can you suggest me any features it must have, consider that I know nothing about smartwatch since I have never been interested in the subject, but to be able to go out and running with Spotify and without my smartphone or  big expensive IPod is a good reason to buy one!

thanks a lot in advance

Rosario

Hi @moro70,

Please read this article to see if you find the one that best fits your needs.

Regarding the offline listening, I might be wrong but I guess that currently this is the only one with this feature:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mighty-streaming-music-without-your-phone#/

BittencourtSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hi all,

please remove this solution to the first question.

This application doesn't  provide a feature to store music on a smartwatch, it's "just" a remote control.

The issue doesn't concerns if it's possible to have a remote control with a smartwatch but if  it's possible to play some music from spotify without a smartphone phone and without a internet connexion. This feature is already provided by Google Play Music (in the offline setting, the user can choose where to store the music: in the smartphone or in the smartwatch)... Currently I use spotify and I wait this feature ..

I've actually gone and bought myself a Sony Smart watch 3 on the basis of this answer "confirming" what Adam was asking - which now actually turns out to be wrong?

The Sony Smarthwatch 3 is fantastic and you will be glad you got it. Unfortunetely Spotify does not support offline music to be downloaded on to wearable devices yet. However, I use Google Play Music instead since they do allow me to download music onto my smartwatch to use offline. Works exact way as Spotify and costs the same for a subscription. Does exactly what I need it to while I work out. Highly recommend switching from Spotify to Google Play Music if you want to use your playlists offline with your smartwatch.

I would like to see this feature as well, really thinking about switching to google play music

What the **bleep** are you saying. I couldn't understand one thing you were saying. Such poor English.

I have no idea who you wre adressing @sacramentoblaze but I would point out that many non-English speakers use the community.

Offline play for my Polar M600. Google Music offers it, so here I come, bye bye Spotify for now. But I'll come back real fast if Spotify makes offline play possible, since Google Music sucks otherwise.

Your solution isn't a smartwatch. Its name is Mighty.

Wuuuuuuhu finally the solution!!

The new Samsung Gear Sport will feature offline Spotify Playlist.

An Update for the Gear S3 will bring offline Support too 🙂

Finally after more than 4 years of waiting time Spotify react to our wish.

Hoppefully the feature will come for other manufactures too.

But i'm happy now 🙂

Hey @jasonx1988, that's great news!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

You can download music to the Spotify app on the Samsung gear S3 now. I've been out running without my phone and it works really well.

Suggested posts