Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Using a "public" internet spot to put music on phone?

Using a "public" internet spot to put music on phone?

I have an HTC One and I wanted to put some songs that I had downloaded (because they are remixes that are not on Spotify) onto my phone.  Well, before I came to college, I would just get the devices on the same wi-fi and it would show up in devices.  However, I have come to college now and whenever I connect them to the same wi-fi, Spotify never shows up (yes I have double checked that it is the same wi-fi, I have Spotify open on my phone and I have made sure that it is awake - I set it to never sleep whenever I try this to be sure.)

In an attempt to get around this, I tried downloading the songs directly to my phone and then I planned on pathing Spotify to that folder on my phone.  Unfortunately, in the newest update of Spotify, this option is not given.  So now if I want to listen to a song that is NOT on Spotify, I have to use my phone's music manager.  While this isn't horrible, I would like to be able to create playlists with music from Spotify and music that I downloaded.   

So my question is, how can I get the downloaded songs to be be in the Spotify client?  

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi, it sounds like your  college may have changed their network in a way which prevents normal synching over wifi from working. If your PC has wifi, try creating an ad-hoc wireless network on it then you should be able to connect your mobile to it. Synching should work normally over this.

If not, I have got it to work via The Cloud WiFi in the local Costa Coffee shop 😛 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts