Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Variable Sound Levels

Variable Sound Levels

I apologize if this has been posted before, but I didn't seem to find my specific issue anywhere through my searches.

I use Spotify premium on my Moto X and I'm having volume issues. I'll be listening to one track which plays back at a normal volume, then the next track (it's always the same tracks) will play at a higher volume and it's super annoying when I'm using my in-ears. I didn't see an option to set volume levels in the Spotify app nor in the built-in audio settings for the Moto X.

Is there a way to fix this?

Note: I listened to the same tracks that were playing back at high volumes through my desktop PC (without the auto-level volume option in Spotify ticked) and it plays back fine - at the same level as all of my other tracks.

3 Replies

Hi. There's no volume normalisation setting in the android app I'm afraid so you're hearing each track at the level it was recorded. It has been requested for mobile devices here.

The ever changing volume level is the reason spotify connect volume is such a pain where it is located -- buried where it takes multiple steps to get to it.

If you need to change the volume almost on every song, wouldn't it make more sense to make it easy to access? At least we only have to use the spotify volume on connect.

Thre's another idea relating to connect, here.

Suggested posts